Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changes in allowances 2013

Options
  • 27-05-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

At present i am doing a vtos course but would like to continue on to do a fas course to train as a A/c tec. If i was to do this would my money be reduced because of the changes in the 2013 budget or would i continue to get the same amount. If i was to get the same as i got pre vtos course that would be 100 euro and couldnt live on that. Any information welcome. I have tried looking for info online but to no avail. At present my money was not reduced as i started the course pre 2013 budget

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Not 100% sure OP but I think that if you are aged under 25 the max you will get on a FAS training allowance is €160. If you are over 25 you will get the same amount of money as you would get if you were on Jobbseekers. Some FAS trainees can get a €20 training bonus. There are more details on the FAS allowances here: http://www.fas.ie/en/Allowances+and+Grants/Training+Allowances/default.htm

As you would be moving off VTOS and onto a new course in FAS you would be subject to the changes that were made in the last budget as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glagirl

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Not 100% sure OP but I think that if you are aged under 25 the max you will get on a FAS training allowance is €160. If you are over 25 you will get the same amount of money as you would get if you were on Jobbseekers. Some FAS trainees can get a €20 training bonus. There are more details on the FAS allowances here: http://www.fas.ie/en/Allowances+and+Grants/Training+Allowances/default.htm

As you would be moving off VTOS and onto a new course in FAS you would be subject to the changes that were made in the last budget as far as I know.

Was thinking that. Awa well won't b doing that so as cant live on 120 per week and travel 40 miles per day

Advertisement