Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting my first xbox

Options
  • 28-05-2013 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭

hey all.
    So, after years of PC gaming i'm thinking of getting a console and am leaning in the way of the xbox. I'll probably get a 360 in a few weeks/months and i'm wondering what's the comparability like regarding original xbox games? i hear some will work on it but others wont and do some require a bit of tinkering?

If it wasn't too much hassle i'd possibly get an original xbox second hand as well. any suggestions on where to start with that/who would sell them?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this is about the most comprehensive list on the xbox backwards compatibility

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

ive had an xbox since release now and i never knew it was backwards compatible
    says it all really :L

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

If you are in no big hurry to get an XBox you could wait until the new "ONE" is launched (prob. nov.) there will be loads of secondhand consoles going cheap then, and the games will be for nothing.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭BIRDCAGE1

Hi there,
    I hope my post isn't too much off topic, but my 10 yr old is looking to get his first xbox also and he has found a deal in gamstop with a kinect bar and a few games etc which he really wants to get (with his own pocket money..... he has been saving for forever) ....... but now that the xbox one has been announced, is it worth waiting the new one to come out?
    I'm not a big gamer at all, so don't really know weather a playstation is better then an xbox or a wii or PC gaming etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Just an update. Got an xbox and am loving it! I'll still get a 360 in the near future but i'm in no rush anymore. I really didn't remember the machine being so huge! I kinda thought it't be the size of the PS2 or something. anyway, thanks for the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Have a play of Halo/Jade Empire/KOTOR if you haven't before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you should definitely buy Shenmue 2, although it's relatively expensive on ebay (about €30), it's by far the best game on the console.

there are also some hidden gems like Grabbed By The Ghoulies, Lord of The Rings: The 3rd Age, Wakeboarding Unleashed, State of Emergency, XIII.

and then lots of better known ones like:

Alien Hominid, Beyond Good & Evil, Burnout Revenge, Morrowind, Fable, GTA (3,VC,SA), Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Ninja Gaiden, Silent Hills 2 & 4, SSX Tricky, etc.

you'll never run out of choice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Lots of the great games have been said. I'll add Fahrenheit, and also restate Morrowind, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire.

Advertisement