Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have an unhealthy skin tone

• 28-05-2013 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I have a really unhealthy looking skin tone. I am in good shape and frequently excersise but don't look good, improving my skin tone would do a lot to increase my attractiveness.

I wonder if it may have something to do with my diet as I do not eat enough fruit or vegetables.

I came across an article linking vegetable consumption with having a healthy and attractive skin tone

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/veggies-change-skin-tone_n_1324549.html

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I have a really unhealthy looking skin tone. I am in good shape and frequently excersise but don't look good, improving my skin tone would do a lot to increase my attractiveness.

I wonder if it may have something to do with my diet as I do not eat enough fruit or vegetables.

I came across an article linking vegetable consumption with having a healthy and attractive skin tone

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/veggies-change-skin-tone_n_1324549.html

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

How do you mean unhealthy? Redness, ashy looking, pigmentation or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

jadie wrote: »
    How do you mean unhealthy? Redness, ashy looking, pigmentation or something else?

It's hard to put into words. It looks a but red or blotchy. I also have some mild acne (another problem I need to sort out)

I know many people with clear, glowing skin and I'm not sure what they do to get their skin so good.

I would love to have clear, glowing skin like in these photos.

http://sin.stb.s-msn.com/i/D3/866E3CCD8C50D6D7B1A7587CB45A24.jpg

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/cm/menshealthuk/images/k9/ingrownhair170211-medium_new.jpg

Maybe getting a tan will help?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Definitely make some adjustments to your diet, try get the fruit & veg in, and drink lots of water. Soups and smoothies are great ways to incorporate. You could also try a multi-vitamin to get some in more easily. Vit E is great for skin repair.

Do you have any skin care routine? You should use a gentle face wash every day, followed by a moisturiser with SPF protection. An exfoliator once a week can be used to remove dead skin and deeper dirt/impurities. Nivea, Garnier and Boots Botanics have great, well priced options. You don't have to go for "men's versions", they tend to be more expensive and less likely to be on special offer! Boots nearly always have some sort of deal on skin care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

A tan won't help in the long run (skin ageing etc) but I take your point.
    Very obvious point but do you drink plenty of water?
    The fruit and veg will certainly help but not straight away so keep trying :)
    Do you cleanse properly/moisturise/exfoliate etc? In conjunction with good diet these steps really do help rejuvenate the skin.
    Also you should use a good moisturising cleanser before shaving to prevent drying out your skin too much (should help with the blotchiness) and wash your razor in hottest tap water every time, as well as changing the blade regularly (should help stop any spread of acne)

Just saw your post Twee, we're on the same page! Agree re using unisex products, but a more intensive moisturiser might be needed as men's skin is thicker than women's so harder to penetrate with lighter moisturisers

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

Thanks for the advice.

I do drink a lot of water but I don't have a skin care routine. I am confused by the different types of products (exfoliants, moisturisers, cleansers etc..) and don't know when to use them or what brands to buy.

I also shower using very hot water and this seems to dry out my skin. As for my diet, I do take a multivitamin and a fish oil capsule daily as part of my gym routine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement