Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got caught with a certain amount of pills at a festival the weekend, Need Advice

• 28-05-2013 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was at a festival there the weekend and right on the first night one an undercover garda searched me and found about 40 ecstasy pills. The guard in question wrote down that it was ecstasy and that i admitted it. I said me and friends pooled in for it and I wasnt selling it . I know I was stupid signing it but I was half pressured into it because I didnt want to leave the festival. I'm Just wondering what's going to happen. I've heard off a few people its just a charitable donation and its stricken off my record but id like a few more opinions. In my eyes i'm a respectable enough guy and never been in trouble with the gardai before. I dont mind missing a few weekends to pay the fine but I really would hate a criminal record just for a stupid mistake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A great philosopher once wrote, Naughty, Naughty, Very very Naughty.. ;)

40 pills, In all fairness you are facing prison time for that. But if you take the case seriously and show your remorse blah blah for your wicked crime you might be lucky and get a suspended sentence. Stick to your story about sharing them with your friends as judges hate to hear of anyone making a profit from drugs.

Its been a long long time since I took E's, Are the ones out nowadays any good ? I wouldn't trust them, God only knows what garbage is inside them. At least in the 90's they were fairly clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ev936

Hmm maybe but from what i've beem reading in papers lately the new thing seems to be donating a charitble donatation gets it stricken off your record. Of course thats not always the case but seeing as its my first offence and i'm only 19 and it was a festival hopefully the judge goes lenient on me. Because I didnt even get put in handcuffs and thrown out of the festival. Literally had to sign a confession and they said youll most likely get a court summons and a fine and thatll be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Wasn't a stupid mistake, you were selling yokes to make money, don't beat around the bush. You won't get any prison time or whatever since It's your first offence I'd imagine. About staining your record I have no idea, but that's the chance you take dealing drugs.

Oh, I know I have no excuse it was stupid of me i didnt even try stash them off or anything it was my own fault I got caught. Im just wondering how big the fine is and if itll be on my record because I was planning on emigrating for a year or two

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

I think charlemont is having you on a bit there.. Pay the donation and a slap on the wrist is about it. 40 is a good lot to get caught with but as you said, you've no previous and it was a festival. Just stick to you'd no intention to sell..
    Im guessing it was at Life u were caught.? Was it good or did getting caught wreck it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Ev936 wrote: »
    I was at a festival there the weekend and right on the first night one an undercover garda searched me and found about 40 ecstasy pills. The guard in question wrote down that it was ecstasy and that i admitted it. I said me and friends pooled in for it and I wasnt selling it . I know I was stupid signing it but I was half pressured into it because I didnt want to leave the festival. I'm Just wondering what's going to happen. I've heard off a few people its just a charitable donation and its stricken off my record but id like a few more opinions. In my eyes i'm a respectable enough guy and never been in trouble with the gardai before. I dont mind missing a few weekends to pay the fine but I really would hate a criminal record just for a stupid mistake
    Your havin a laugh? RIGHT!
    charlemont wrote: »
    A great philosopher once wrote, Naughty, Naughty, Very very Naughty.. ;)

40 pills, In all fairness you are facing prison time for that. But if you take the case seriously and show your remorse blah blah for your wicked crime you might be lucky and get a suspended sentence. Stick to your story about sharing them with your friends as judges hate to hear of anyone making a profit from drugs.

Its been a long long time since I took E's, Are the ones out nowadays any good ? I wouldn't trust them, God only knows what garbage is inside them. At least in the 90's they were fairly clean.
    I think charlemont is having you on a bit there.. Pay the donation and a slap on the wrist is about it. 40 is a good lot to get caught with but as you said, you've no previous and it was a festival. Just stick to you'd no intention to sell..
    Im guessing it was at Life u were caught.? Was it good or did getting caught wreck it?[/QUO

Are you guys all in the same gang,,,this is Boards.ie OK.. Not drugs inc.ie..
    F*@K SAKE

Yea it was life haha I literally put it to the back of me mind. gunna start a sly little savings account just incase the fine does come up. I just forgot about it and enjoyed the fact I didn't get kicked out of the place. Still managed a whopper weekend and I even got lucky and got a lift home about a half hour before it started rainin on the sunday and hopefully the fella I gave me wristband to got to stay the last night so it all turned out for him. I don't mind payin the fine for being stupid I just don't want the record

ardle1 wrote: »
    Your havin a laugh? RIGHT!

Im guessing it was at Life u were caught.? Was it good or did getting caught wreck it?[/QUO

Are you guys all in the same gang,,,this is Boards.ie OK.. Not drugs inc.ie..
    F*@K SAKE
    In all honesty you seem like the biggest idiot here. I'm asking a simple question and all you've contributed have been meaningless half sentences? I don't even know what your referring to at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's not about sale, it's about supply.
    Ev936 wrote: »
    I just don't want the record
    Then you need a first class criminal lawyer. Book an appointment with a solicitor in the area.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Firstly, no advice available here.
    Secondly, the MDA binds judges to sentence a certain way.
    Thirdly, you face and are at risk of a custodial sentence for sale and supply.
    Fourthly, Victor is correct, see a solicitor.

Read the charter next time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement