Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loop Head Wins Tourism Award

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭NewVision

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The Loop Head Peninsula in Co Clare has been named the “Best Place to Holiday in Ireland” in an Irish Times competition.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/loop-head-takes-the-holiday-crown-in-irish-times-competition-1.1406995

How could they justify fracking Ireland's Top Tourism Destination as planned by the company Enegi?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've copied this post for the Things to Do thread as I thought it deserved it's only thread, great news for the region and a brilliant endorsement for everyone's hard work.

Personally, I think Kilkee is 1 of the nicest seaside towns in the world, perfect horseshoe bay, has lovely steps, nice wall courts and the town is just next to the beach. The golf course there is also a hidden gem of a course, I can't wait to bring my little one back there for her first beach experience :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

NewVision wrote: »
    How could they justify fracking Ireland's Top Tourism Destination as planned by the company Enegi?

There are no plans to frack. They have exploratory licenses only. Afaik the reports state there is no gas so fracking is highly unlikely to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

Its great that Loop Head has won a top tourism award as it should bring more visitors to Clare. At least one coastal area of Clare has been spared from the widespread ribbon development that has been allowed to ruin so much of our coastline.

Visiting Loop Head for some visitors is not possible because of the lack of public transport to the peninsula. Some kind of bus service would not only attract tourists who do not drive, but would also be of benefit to local people. The whole idea of ' eco-tourism ' is to provide alternatives to car usage.

As regards accommodation, there is no hostel type facility in Kilkee or in Loop Head to cater for younger visitors or those on a budget.

Lets hope that these very obvious deficiencies in the Loop Head tourism product are rectified in the near future so that even more visitors can enjoy the charms of this very beautiful part of Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Kilkee Bay Hotel reopens on Friday under new ownership.
    http://www.kilkeebayhotel.ie/index3.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement