Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair!

• 28-05-2013 9:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering where is a good cheap place to get someone to look at my laptop, currys is pricey. Any info will help, thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

deadeye187 wrote: »
    I was just wondering where is a good cheap place to get someone to look at my laptop, currys is pricey. Any info will help, thanks so much

I got these guys to repair mine a year or so ago: http://www.irishlaptoprepair.com/

They replaced the screen and did a perfect job on it.
    They're based in the Student Union building in UL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Whats the problem with it?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

davo2001 wrote: »
    Whats the problem with it?!

It was on and i closed it over and it went into sleep mode, so when i open it the fan kicks in and it won`t come out of sleep mode. I know very little about them tbh so something else could be wrong this is my best way to describe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Does the BIOS screen come on at all? Have you attempted to get it into safe mode? Where abouts in Limerick are you located?

Hi Dave2001, i droped it into the laptop repair place just off the Groody roundabout to get a opinion, they opened it and said the CPU is burned out and its a quad core processor, so its very expensive to fix it, the laptop is not worth it i think. I live in castletroy btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

If its a quad core it can't be that old. How old is it you may be able to make a case under SOGASOS act.

wingnut wrote: »
    If its a quad core it can't be that old. How old is it you may be able to make a case under SOGASOS act.

Its at least 3 years old! but would have to check

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Slim chance but I'd take the battery out of it, plug in the power, try power it up.

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Slim chance but I'd take the battery out of it, plug in the power, try power it up.

done that, she is DEAD!.....oh well:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

You could sell the laptop on Adverts.ie for spares to make some cash for a new purchase.
    Silver linings and all that.

• Advertisement

You could sell the laptop on Adverts.ie for spares to make some cash for a new purchase.
    Silver linings and all that.

Indeed, thank you, i might just do that!....will not having my info delited be a problem tho?

Get your hard drive removed, usually just a small screw holding it in place on underside. You can buy a usb caddy and pop it in to access your data again.

Look up your model of laptop on google for hard drive removal.

Get your hard drive removed, usually just a small screw holding it in place on underside. You can buy a usb caddy and pop it in to access your data again.

Look up your model of laptop on google for hard drive removal.

ha..thanks so much, did not know this at all!...i know very little about them, but this helps so much, i thought i lost everything!...whoa....:D

Your data should be intact from the hard drive even after a processor fail.
    Glad to help.

Thanks so much again, i`m so happy with this

Advertisement