Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few thoughts with Boards touch

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:02am

This may have been posted already, but will be explained why I didn't search properly.

If I am on Site Development and do a search, it searches the whole of boards.ie and not this specific forum. That can be problematic when you are looking for something exact. Is there a way to create a forum specific search through boards touch?

Also is it possible to put a Back To Top option. A lot of threads like You Laugh You Lose and Photos That Shook The World would involve a lot of scrolling until you reach the breadcrumbs at the top. Either that or also place the breadcrumbs at the bottom as well, for ease of navigation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

If I am on Site Development and do a search, it searches the whole of boards.ie and not this specific forum. That can be problematic when you are looking for something exact. Is there a way to create a forum specific search through boards touch?

+1 to this.
    There's been a few times when I've been searching for something in a particular forum but there's no way of narrowing down the search to that one forum. It always returns a site wide result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

It's something that's definitely on the radar, I can't give you any sort of timeline on this at the moment though unfortunately.
    Also is it possible to put a Back To Top option. A lot of threads like You Laugh You Lose and Photos That Shook The World would involve a lot of scrolling until you reach the breadcrumbs at the top. Either that or also place the breadcrumbs at the bottom as well, for ease of navigation?

We're currently looking at getting pagination added in somewhere at the top of the thread views. We can't spend as much time on Touch as we'd like to at the current time, that should change within the next week or two though hopefully, so watch this space.

Thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Was going to post a new thread but spotted this one and its somewhat related to search on touch.

When you submit a search can the search box be populated with what I searched for because sometimes I'll search for something but maybe the results are too broad so I'd want to tack on another keyword without having to restyle my whole search query again :)

Ultra low priority though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Was going to post a new thread but spotted this one and its somewhat related to search on touch.

When you submit a search can the search box be populated with what I searched for because sometimes I'll search for something but maybe the results are too broad so I'd want to tack on another keyword without having to restyle my whole search query again :)

Ultra low priority though ;)

Yep we'll get that in :) Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Edit: My bad, I misunderstood your issue and therefore my suggestion wouldn't have helped, sorry.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement