Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test in carlow

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

What are the driving "testers" like in Carlow.?Are they gloomy auld sods ,did they make you even more nervous than you are already ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

ganger wrote: »
    What are the driving "testers" like in Carlow.?Are they gloomy auld sods ,did they make you even more nervous than you are already ?.

I don't know how many there are, but there's one guy he was there when I did my test 9 years ago and he's still there he's a grumpy so and so. My tester always said just imagine your a chauffeur doing your test and being told where to go, that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

I did mine about 10 years ago in Carlow. I had a lesson immediately before and the instructor was giving me a few tips. Last thing he said was " there's 2 testers, one is grand and the other lad is a miserable so and so with a beard, if you get him you could be in bother".

I got the beardy lad an still passed but not sure if he's still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Depends on which test centre you use.

The one in Graigue has two testers. One is dead on and the other is a git.

The one beside the NCT centre has three testers and i've heard nothing but good reports about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I remember the beardy git from the Graigue centre, it was killing him to let me pass, miserable sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

madmaggie wrote: »
    I remember the beardy git from the Graigue centre, it was killing him to let me pass, miserable sod.

I'm going to start learning to drive soon. I'd take having the bearded fellow as a challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

the nct crows stopped doing testing a few years ago when the back logs were cleared, its only the test centre in graigue operating now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 curious carlovian

Who would you recommend for driving lessons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Did mine two years ago, had heard there was one miserable sod and another one who was no so bad, not sure which one I got as I didnt focus on who was testing me, he had zero personaility anyway but I think thats a requirement for the job.

An odd tip a friend gave me was go for a number 2 in the test centre toilet before the test, kinda like marking your territory :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Little OT but can anyone recommend a driving instructor at all?

Im learning ho to drive and i need an instructor. If anyone has an recommendation then pm me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Little OT but can anyone recommend a driving instructor at all?

Im learning ho to drive and i need an instructor. If anyone has an recommendation then pm me :)

I used trish edwards and found her v good. But tbh most people would have a similar opinion about theirs

• Advertisement
Advertisement