Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday in Kerry with young kids???

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

I have never really been to Kerry and was thinking of either renting a house or staying in a hotel for a week.

I have a new born and a 3 year old so need somewhere family friendly and hopefully other kids.

Any suggestion on areas or hotels/houses greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Hiwazup

logie101 wrote: »
    I have never really been to Kerry and was thinking of either renting a house or staying in a hotel for a week.

I have a new born and a 3 year old so need somewhere family friendly and hopefully other kids.

You should definately come to Killarney, it's beautiful and family friendly. There is a lot to do, there is a lot of information here. The Quality is a very good hotel for a family as its child orientated but you would want a car if you're staying there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

HI there logie101,

I've moved your thread from Travel over in to the Kerry forum as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would say the Dingle Skellig would be the best option for you! Its a really good hotel and has excellent facilities for kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Dingle or Killarney,Id prob go with Dingle as it has beaches

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Tralee is a good spot too, lots to do for kids & families. Plus you have the added bonus of loads beaches a few miles out of town, and the Aqua Dome for those not so nice days! There is also the Playdium, an indoor kids playground, the town park has a lovely playground too. Plenty of shopping and there are some nice places to stay, either hotels or you could rent out in Banna (about 8 miles from Tralee town), which is right by the sea. There are some great options, so its worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Thanks for the all the advice on holidaying in Kerry.

Opted for a hotel as opposed to a house. No cooking or cleaning! Booked the Skellig hotel in Dingle. It seems a nice family hotel. Hopefully the good weather lasts for a fewore weeks!

Advertisement