Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my application but OH doesn't know yet!!

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All

Ok, Myself and my Boyfriend applied for the IEC initiative in Jan, however we applied (He applied day after me :mad:) It then said the quota was reached so presumed we wouldn't get it, but few days ago i got a message saying that the quota wasn't reached yet (which i think is because other people got refused) so now i actually have a chance HOWEVER my boyfriend didn't get one of these messages because he is few hundred people behind me.

ANYWAY what im asking is if i dont procede with this visa will if effect me if i apply next year?

OR should i apply and IF i get it hope for the best my boyfriend will get his next year before my year is up to use it............ hope that makes sense! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭willabur

can you not wait until next year with the same visa - read your acceptance letter and see what the max allowed entry date is?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

I got my visa approved this month, and it is valid for a year.

If you don't think he has much of a chance of getting one this year, you could wait and both apply together next January. I got my conditional acceptance in March this year, and it is says it is valid until August. So if you go ahead with it this year, you have about 6 months to decide whether to go for it and complete stage 2 now, or wait until January.

If you pull out before stage 2 and before you receive your letter of interest, then then refund you your money and it doesn't affect you next year, I think.

Advertisement