Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

instant email notification via text msg

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi!

Ok, so I am trying to find a solution so that when an email comes in from a certain email address, I get a text msg from a third party service informing I have a new email.

Any solutions for a third party service for text msg?

I am aware of gmail etc, but that only works if you have 3g in signal on your phone and i do not have 3g on my phone.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I get SMS notification for every email received to my vodafone.ie account (have to have message tone on silent so I don't get woken up by ebay mailing me at 3am ....).

Maybe you could get one of those and set up some kind of filter/rule in your current provider to forward email from a particular sender to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

What network are you on OP? They might have an email to SMS gateway.

Advertisement