Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese water dragon help

Options
  • 28-05-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Has any body got experience with the above? Have signed up to different forum but haven't been approved yet but need advice asap. Thanks

Comments

I used to keep them years ago. Whats the problem ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Chinese Water dragons dont do well in a small cage.They also dont do well with a glass fronted cage as they are prone to nose rubbing which can cause facial deformities.

The solution is to blacken out the bottom 4-5 inches of the glass--insulating tape is ideal for it running lenghtways on both sides of the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

My mam is after taking on a 7yr old one.
    From what ive read up on her cage is too high and not long enough and needs more plants.. But the problem lies with her not eating.. Apparently she hasn't eaten in 2months and did have a bad shed. We've tried hoppers, maggots and black crickets and she won't eat for us either. She was very brown when she got her Saturday but has turned a dark green. Shes supposed to be bright green isn't she?

Can anyone advise on what to do with her? Any way of getting her to eat? Obviously she don't want her dying so will try anything..

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/dragoncr.htm

This will tell you everything but a sign of going dark will usually mean its quite sick and it'd be something wrong with the tank and environment

to be honest i would suggest a vet. Just to check everything out. I never had that problem with mine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement