Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get house keys cut in the city centre?

Options
  • 28-05-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Or even outside the city centre, I've time but no money!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Bryan Master Cobblers half way down Talbot St on the right hand side or a place in the Jervis Centre near the escalators on the Jervis Luas side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Quinlans in Meath Street - just at the Coombe end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can use a cheap lock smith but I am 100% certain you wont get longer than 3 months out of the keys. Even 3 weeks( my local hardware). But complete lock and key services at 124 sycamore road, Dublin cut the best keys in Dublin. My dad has gotten hundreds of keys cut there and not one has been faulty or one has worn out.

You can get cheap keys but they won't last at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

another one for Bryans master cobblers. I think he does 3 house keys for a tenner deal. Place on amiens street charge €4 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Bryans master Cobblers on Talbot Street, for me every time :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

a place beside Arnotts has 3 keys for 9 euro. It's on the road that links Abbey St. & Henry St. , beside Marks & Spencers.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

hfallada wrote: »
    You can use a cheap lock smith but I am 100% certain you wont get longer than 3 months out of the keys. Even 3 weeks( my local hardware). But complete lock and key services at 124 sycamore road, Dublin cut the best keys in Dublin. My dad has gotten hundreds of keys cut there and not one has been faulty or one has worn out.

You can get cheap keys but they won't last at all

I have never had a key, (cheap or otherwise), that didn't last. I've had locks that required a small bit of maintenance but never ever a key that didn't last once it was cut to fit the lock correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Quinlans in Meath Street - just at the Coombe end.

+1

Advertisement