Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Derby Barrack St

Options
  • 28-05-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

Does anyone know whats happened to the Brown Derby, I live on the street and havn't seen it open in about a month. I wouldn't go in there much but my nose is at me, I need to know :D

Heard something about renovations but don't know how true that is. It could badly do with some alrite tho in fairness.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rob316 wrote: »
    Hey

Does anyone know whats happened to the Brown Derby, I live on the street and havn't seen it open in about a month. I wouldn't go in there much but my nose is at me, I need to know :D

Heard something about renovations but don't know how true that is. It could badly do with some alrite tho in fairness.

thanks

Fela who had the lease packed it in and moved too spain

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Cheers lad, nice for him.

The exodus from the street continues, definetly quieter around without it.

Have heard whispers someone wants too re lease it but can't really see why.only busy night is a Monday for darts and the dart teams have moved on elsewhere now

Ya the darts is all I was ever in there for and the odd party. Don't know why anyone would bother it is dire need of a re-do unless someone wanted to keep the same look. Like you said too its rare that its busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Used to love this pub when I lived in Cork. It was old-fashioned and cosy, not stripped out and polished up like a Celtic Tiger bar. Sad to see that it's closed.

• Advertisement

Re-opened this weekend. Nice fella the landlord managed many a pub in bishopstown over the years, back even when I was a small lad going to the pub with my dad.

rob316 wrote: »
    Re-opened this weekend. Nice fella the landlord managed many a pub in bishopstown over the years, back even when I was a small lad going to the pub with my dad.

Was it bought or leased?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was it bought or leased?

sorry it was leased, made that look like bought.

Has it been renovated much?

Advertisement