Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputable place to get your phone unlocked

Options
  • 28-05-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a reputable place to have your phone unlocked. I've heard/read some stories about damaged phones (scratches and the likes) and even though those stories are often embellished, I rather not take any chances.

Any trustworthy places to have your phone unlocked in the city center? I know there's literally dozens of small unlock-shops around Moore Street, but somehow they don't fill me with confidence.

Also, any idea how much it would cost in general, or is that completely up to the shop and the phone in question? (Mine is a Sony Xperia P btw).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Fairly sure you can buy codes on Ebay and do it yourself, I have done with my Huawei.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

In swords pavilion there is a shop on the right hand side when you walk in beside 02 (a shop or to down)
    €15ish for iphone 4 so not much more for other phones i presumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Have you called your network to see if they will unlock it. O2 generally do it no problem.

I used some of the Moore street places and they are pretty shady. My mother broke her screen from dropping it and one of them did a **** job repairing and claimed it could be done properly. She broke it again I went to hau we on capel street and they fixed it perfectly. Call them for a price and then when you get there haggle it down. I know from going to chinatowns that you are supposed to haggle with Chinese.

The only main irish owned repair/ unlock shop I know of are *****. They are a rip off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have used FM Mobile a few times over the years. Would recommend. But check with your network first as you may be entitled to a free unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://fixmypc.ie/mobile-unlocking.html

Went to these lads to get my PS3 YLOD sorted, quick and cheap. Not sure on phone unlocking but they're a reputable place anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

kceire wrote: »
    Have used FM Mobile a few times over the years. Would recommend. But check with your network first as you may be entitled to a free unlock?

Yeah, I used these guys on George's Street last year. Twas expensive enough but the guy said that that's because my phone was old, or something. Anyway, they did the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Steer clear of anywhere on Moore street, in my experience.

Advertisement