Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

These any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

No idea what they are like, but if I was spending that money looks would be bottom of my list of what I wanted in a headset

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    No idea what they are like, but if I was spending that money looks would be bottom of my list of what I wanted in a headset

Care to offer a suggestion to the op then dude? that's generally how things work around here :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Thing is if you are going to spend between 200 - 400 on a set of good headphones, you want something that looks good and performs well.
    So many of the good brands look like crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

colman1212 wrote: »
    Thing is if you are going to spend between 200 - 400 on a set of good headphones, you want something that looks good and performs well.

If I was spending that much on a pair of headphones looks would be well down the line in priorities. This tends to be an audiophile forum where most posters care mostly about the fidelity of the audio rather than the fashion appeal of the headphones.

I'd suggest Sennheiser HD-25-1 1s. The Adidas version with the blue trim might be up your alley.

I have Audio Technica ATH M 50s in black which are quite dull and functional looking but there are white and red versions which might appeal more to you.

Care to offer a suggestion to the op then dude? that's generally how things work around here :cool:

Apologies, wrote that from my phone and then forgot about it. I've a pair of the mdr-1r and the sound quality is great and they look fairly smart as well, they come in a noise cancelling version as well. Both types get good reviews. I'm not sure if you would need the noise cancelling tbh. Very little noize leakage on the normal pair. Both fall within your price level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Apologies, wrote that from my phone and then forgot about it. I've a pair of the mdr-1r and the sound quality is great and they look fairly smart as well, they come in a noise cancelling version as well. Both types get good reviews. I'm not sure if you would need the noise cancelling tbh. Very little noize leakage on the normal pair. Both fall within your price level.

I'm actually eyeing up the bluetooth version, the mdr-1rbt, I know the SQ isn't as good as the wired version but I have some great wired headphones so I won't scoff at having some pretty damn good wireless ones too :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

colman1212 wrote: »

I would disagree, at least in the point price=quality.

You can spent €300 on Beats - would you be happy SQ wise?

You can get very nice sounding headphones for less than €50, they might be not the best looking but still much better in terms of sound that beats (KSC75, KPP, JVC HA-S400, JVC HA-S500, Monoprice 8323 any many more). Actually the JVC look quite nice.

I'm actually eyeing up the bluetooth version, the mdr-1rbt, I know the SQ isn't as good as the wired version but I have some great wired headphones so I won't scoff at having some pretty damn good wireless ones too :cool:

I think you best of both worlds with them. They can be wired as far as I know, so you can have the option in regards to quality.

Advertisement