Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web form to Email?

Options
  • 28-05-2013 1:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to set something up so I can send someone a questionnaire/form which when they fill it out it will email me the details.

Currently I have it working on Google Docs forms, and I implemented a hack to get it to email the results to me but its pretty basic and I'd ideally like something a bit better - that looks more presentable.

Can anyone recommend something that might do what I need?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

surveymonkey?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks Kenny I had thought of that but to do what I need I need to pay for it - hoping for simply a better more powerful version of what Google docs already does... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

If you have it working with Google forms, have you looked at your options for getting more control over how that behaves and what it looks like ?

Have a quick look at this:

http://www.jazzerup.com/blog/google-forms-without-api

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What I ended up doing was this: http://www.labnol.org/internet/google-docs-email-form/20884/

I now get an email with the submitted information through to me which is great - if I was able to customise the email a bit I'd be happy. Just even one of the fields (Company name) to be included in the subject - that would be perfect.

I'm no programmer so a lot of this goes over my head but I can probably get help from some of the lads in work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

Which Column number is Company Name in the Spreadsheet?
    You should be able to include it by changing the line that defines the Subject:

Move
    var subject = "Google Docs Form Submitted";

Down below "var headers =",

and then you'll be able to use those values in your Subject.

For example, if Company Name is column 6, something like this would work:

var subject = "Form Submitted by " + e.namedValues[headersB]6[/B].toString();

• Advertisement
Advertisement