Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodgment Machines

Options
  • 28-05-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I am wondering with the onset of more and more lodgement machines are you going to be making more available after bank opening hours. My branch opens 10:00-16:00 however I work 8:30-17:00.

It would make sense to provide customers with a means of lodgement without requiring them to take time off work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Collier, 

We are delighted you are finding this service helpful.   

At present we have three such external 24 hour lodgement machines.   
    They are based in Stillorgan, Kiltimagh and Walkinstown branch (opposite Half Way House).  

We have no immediate plans to increase the amount of external lodgement machines; however we are continually improving enhancements and facilities and will pass on your comments. 

We will post here when we roll out more of these machines.
    We thank you for your feedback

Paula

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

any more of these external machines around. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

any more of these external machines around. thanks.
    Hi hawkeyethenoo, 

Thanks for posting.

We still only have three external Lodgement ATMs, their locations are included in the previous response.  As soon as more of these Machines are rolled out, we will be posting it here.

Thanks again.

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

+1, would really appreciate an external lodgement machine in Cork. They are so common in Italy, dead handy for depositing money outside of branch opening hours.
    So, to my scenario, I work shift (8am-6pm Monday to Friday) and can't take any time off for the foreseeable future to deposit a considerable sum that I have hanging around in cash.

- Could I make a Western Union transfer to my BOI IBAN?
    - Could I go into another bank (e.g. Ulster Bank) that's open on Saturdays and make a Wire Transfer to my BOI IBAN?
    - Drive up to Dublin to use the external lodgement machine (just kidding)

Thoughts/suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi kaki,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have checked this with the team looking after the roll out of the External Lodgement ATMs. They have assured us that they have a number of initiatives due to be rolled out in the coming months and that Cork would most definitely be one of the regions they feel would benefit from this.

We will post here with updates as and when we receive them.

In relation to your questions, you would need to check this with Western Union and the other bank if they can facilitate a transfer to your BOI account. With other banks you would generally need to hold an account with them to be able to transfer to us however, this would need to be verified with the bank in question.

Again thank you for taking the time to post and provide us with your positive feedback regarding the External LATMs. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement