Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

late bars

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

ok so our stay is extended til Sunday! we have tonight more or less wrapped up,hitting tramore for the racing can't wait,then back into the city for a few quiet ones,and tomorrow Will be the big night out.anywhere in town with cheap pints tonight? ie fosters/bavaria etc so that we won't be broke come tomorrow.cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The exchange on Ballybricken charges 3 euro for all pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Downses would probably suit you nicely for a few quite ones tonight. Its about 3 min from your hotel. I'm not a huge fan of the place, it's like stepping into the 70's, but its quite popular down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Downses would probably suit you nicely for a few quite ones tonight. Its about 3 min from your hotel. I'm not a huge fan of the place, it's like stepping into the 70's, but its quite popular down here.
    If you do venture to Downes, try the No.9. It's their own brand of whiskey. It's made next door to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

longshanks wrote: »
    The exchange on Ballybricken charges 3 euro for all pints.

Are they still 3 euro a pint? Thought those days were gone after the last budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

ok so our stay is extended til Sunday! we have tonight more or less wrapped up,hitting tramore for the racing can't wait,then back into the city for a few quiet ones,and tomorrow Will be the big night out.anywhere in town with cheap pints tonight? ie fosters/bavaria etc so that we won't be broke come tomorrow.cheers:)

Most of the pubs have Tuborg on tap and varies from 3.20 to 3.50 a pint

so last night we found ourselves in some dump called the skanky apple,got mixed up with a hen party from limerick and ended up in some cesspit nightclub full of kids,and i don't mean 18yr olds,im talkin 15yr olds with hoodies! hopefully we'll have better luck tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

So you took no one's advice then? What are you wasting our time for?

you took no one's advice then? What are you wasting our time for?

did you get out the wrong side of the bed or somethin? if i went to every bar recommended id be here for months.I've found a shortlist for tonight.if you feel your time is being wasted what the hell are reading this thread for?not use your time for somethin else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

so last night we found ourselves in some dump called the skanky apple,got mixed up with a hen party from limerick and ended up in some cesspit nightclub full of kids,and i don't mean 18yr olds,im talkin 15yr olds with hoodies! hopefully we'll have better luck tonight!

You'll notice nobody recommended The Wacky Apple and we all advised you to steer clear of The Foundry and Mason's. So you managed to go against all advice. And you were literally 10 seconds from all of the other places too! Let's hope you stick to some of the better places tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Lets try something here :)
    DO NOT go to Shortts/Crystal/Geoffs or Kazbar........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Lets try something here :)
    DO NOT go to Shortts/Crystal/Geoffs or Kazbar........

;-) LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Sounds to me like you were reliving your youth, thought you were onto a good thing then found yourself all alone at the taxi rank full of beer and remorse.
    Or maybe I'm wrong ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Given the weekend that's in it - the local mods are probably busy with RL matters so I'll step in here.

The OP was part of a group down to visit. He asked for & received your advice, but as things go when in groups - plans change. He ended up going to some other venues. Big deal!

Now, if the last few posts are the way you deal with visitors bringing their hard-earned cash to your city - don't be surprised if they don't bother coming again.

Also, for any other prospective visitors who may come across this thread - they may well have second thoughts if this is how they may be treated.

Closed before we get into card/ban territory.

Edit: For clarity, recent posts were tantamount to ganging up & attacking the poster & not the post. This is against site-wide boards rules.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement