Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for location for photography exhibition

Options
  • 28-05-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I’m going to have some photographs in the Galway Fringe Festival this July, roughly 6 photos, 8" by 12" mounted and framed and one 20" by 30" print.

I’m going to approach some places to ask if they’d be happy to exhibit my photos and need to do it asap.

Can anyone give me some suggestions please?
    Places I’m thinking of asking-
    • Eight Bar (on the docks)
    • Town Hall Theatre
    • Massimos
    • Galway City Library
    • Ard Bia
    • Antons Café, Father Griffin Road
    • House Hotel
    • Oxfam Charity Shop

Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lennyd

The Cottage and Artisan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm calling into a few places today to see the spaces available and talk to them about the possibility.
    Also trying to think which location would get most footfall. I'm thinking that Oxfam might get more footfall as some people might't go into a cafe to view an exhibition if they're not eating there.
    Then again a cafe would have a lot of people dining there...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Haven't been in Antons for quite a while but I always got the impression it attracted customers who might be interested in buying art.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

How about a Tigh Neachtain window?

They generally do festival windows, so they may be interested. You could have the big one surrounded by the little ones.

Or they might integrate them with something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Providence Market Kitchen definitely display art.

I'd recommend not a charity shop if your focus is sales or exposure to the arts community: the folks who have money to buy art won't naturally be going in there. It's quality you want, rather than quantity.

However if your focus is community service, inclusion, engagement etc .. charity shops are the way to go- except that they probably don't have wall-space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

So I went to a fair few places today....and am delighted to say that somewhere has very kindly agreed to exhibit my photographs. I won'twmtiom the place yet, will wait until everything is cemented.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

Advertisement