Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice?

Options
  • 28-05-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got myself smoke green kit a few days ago.Was pretty sceptic about them first but haven't had a cigarette in 3 days which is great, as I was on 20+ per day and quite honestly didn't even thought of giving up smoking.But now I don't even want to light up a normal cigarette.
    So my question would be are there any similar better brands?when I say similar I mean as in similar concept.From reading this forum everyone seems to be using refills which I don't think is for me, really like the idea of screwing the cartridge and away you go.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Nerro wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got myself smoke green kit a few days ago.Was pretty sceptic about them first but haven't had a cigarette in 3 days which is great, as I was on 20+ per day and quite honestly didn't even thought of giving up smoking.But now I don't even want to light up a normal cigarette.
    So my question would be are there any similar better brands?when I say similar I mean as in similar concept.From reading this forum everyone seems to be using refills which I don't think is for me, really like the idea of screwing the cartridge and away you go.
    Thanks in advance.
    If your happy with the set up you are on then a better class of ecig is Greensmoke (not to be confused with Smokegreen) their batteries are better quality and they have a better variaty of cartomisers, I like the Mocha Coffee and Smooth Chocolate. www.greensmoke.co.uk
    Though their batteries are a bit more expensive they are much better quality, you will have to buy new batteries as the 2 brands are not compatable, you would be better off buying a whole new kit to include chargers and stuff.

Or another choice is from www.Jacvapour.com their batteries are the same threading as Smoke Green but better quality, both options are in the UK but delivery time is only 4 working days.

There is also a cigy like in a 510 thread called the Innokin AIO but 510 pre filled cartomisers are hard to come across and not a great selection of flavours to choose from either, I have all 3 sets and would recommend greensmoke over the other 2, with the Innokin ranked 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I got the Jav vapour kit for my partner and she loves it. You can get the V1P kit which comes with a cool little pocket charger [PCC] and 5 pre-filled cartridges, whatever flavour you like. You can select different colour LED lights, a few different coloured batteries and carts, and you can buy empties on top and a bottle of juice if you'd like to give filling yourself [which saves money in the long run] a try.

Just make sure to get extra batteries whatever kit you go for.

I too started on the smokegreen set, I just wasn't fond of their flavours, only the menthol was nice for me and I got bored of it. But they did keep me off the fags to start with, and then I moved on to other types, but if this is all you need, then all good. I would look at the Jacvapour kits or the greensmoke as mentioned, for different flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

Thanks guys for your advice.will defo have a look at them.i knew there should be a catch that one will not work with other.at this stage don't even mind paying the extra as I never thought I could feel so good without the cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

P.I.T.A wrote: »

Or another choice is from www.Jacvapour.com their batteries are the same threading as Smoke Green but better quality, both options are in the UK but delivery time is only 4 working days.

There is also a cigy like in a 510 thread called the Innokin AIO but 510 pre filled cartomisers are hard to come across and not a great selection of flavours to choose from either, I have all 3 sets and would recommend greensmoke over the other 2, with the Innokin ranked 3rd.

Hi Pain in the hole

Why would you rank innokin below jacvapour? I was under the impression innokin was the best ciggy like you could get? It uses regular 510 connectors so works with lr boge cartos etc.

Or do you just mean in reference to what the OP is searching for specifically?

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Hi Pain in the hole

Why would you rank innokin below jacvapour? I was under the impression innokin was the best ciggy like you could get? It uses regular 510 connectors so works with lr boge cartos etc.

The main reason I rank it 3rd is: In my time with cigalikes I have always found pre filled cart's better than filling with your own e-juice for staying off the fags and so for me they were a better vape, never (not once did I get a better vape with the blank cart with the Innokin as I did with a pre filled cart with the others) got as much satisfaction with the Innokin. Also found their batteries n carts very airy and hard to get a good TH and vapour production from them.

Impressions are fine, but my comments were from hands on experience of all 3 products, others who have used all 3 products may rank the 3 differently, it's only my view having used all 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Hey

Well, I started off with Smokegreen over a year ago. At the time, I was unsuccessful, but I quit again just over a month ago and have been using their products since (the Apple flavour cartridge is yummy btw!). One thing I will say about Smokegreen is that their service is very good. I had trouble ordering cartridges before and they ended up sending me some for free to make up for inconvenience. Then, when I went back on them this time, a few of the batteries had died, and they sent me two free batteries. Their delivery time is often within 24 hours too.

I know there are better products out there and ones with few more flavours, etc. But, for me, the Smokegreen ecigs have got me off the real smokes for this length of time and they're handy to use without having to mess around with liquid and the like. I'm not using the ecigs that much these days - they were a means to an end.

I'd say stick to them if they're working - unless you want to get into vaping in exchange for smoking ('cause, if you want to be a serious vaper, they wouldn't be the best at all).

Well done and good luck! :)

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Hi Pain in the hole

I use boge on 510 batts for out and about, and they are better than the Jacvapour for anyone with some spare ego batt's too - but for someone just wanting a basic cig-a-like size kit the Jac vapour kits are great. So easy to use. If you start recommending them boge carts and 510 batteries you may just confuse things for them, or indeed, go a little further and introduce egos with carts or even start suggesting Mods.

On smokegreen - their service is good and speedy enough - but I don't know anyone who's used them that hasn't had to complain about dud batteries. They're also not cheap. A 5 pack of prefilled carts is €8.99, and you can't re-fill them, they're disposable. Buying empties for something like the jacvapour kits, you buy some cheap juice and can fill them over and over - at least 10 times anyway. For not much more pennies.

Hey

Well, I started off with Smokegreen over a year ago. At the time, I was unsuccessful, but I quit again just over a month ago and have been using their products since (the Apple flavour cartridge is yummy btw!). One thing I will say about Smokegreen is that their service is very good. I had trouble ordering cartridges before and they ended up sending me some for free to make up for inconvenience. Then, when I went back on them this time, a few of the batteries had died, and they sent me two free batteries. Their delivery time is often within 24 hours too.

I know there are better products out there and ones with few more flavours, etc. But, for me, the Smokegreen ecigs have got me off the real smokes for this length of time and they're handy to use without having to mess around with liquid and the like. I'm not using the ecigs that much these days - they were a means to an end.

I'd say stick to them if they're working - unless you want to get into vaping in exchange for smoking ('cause, if you want to be a serious vaper, they wouldn't be the best at all).

Well done and good luck! :)

Smokegreen kept me off the fags for the first 6 weeks, and who knows I could have still been using them had I not come across a few forums and became aware of the VV devices that could keep me vaping a whole day without messing with batteries every 3 hours.

The first person I was able to convert from Rollies with smokegreen is still using them nearly a year later (Apple flavour mainly) and she say's she wouldn't be seen dead using the devices I use :D, so it works and would probably still work for me not knowing what I know now.

On smokegreen - their service is good and speedy enough - but I don't know anyone who's used them that hasn't had to complain about dud batteries. They're also not cheap. A 5 pack of prefilled carts is €8.99, and you can't re-fill them, they're disposable. Buying empties for something like the jacvapour kits, you buy some cheap juice and can fill them over and over - at least 10 times anyway. For not much more pennies.

I think 9 yoyo's for something that would last me about 3 days is brilliantly cheap, I was spending over 13 yoyo's a day on fags, not much wrong with saving a tenner a day, it was never about saving money for me vaping when I started, and I would have gladly spent the same amount of money on ecigs just for the health side of switching. just wish when I first started vaping that I could have found a 280 mah vv battery that lasted a day without recharging and using pre filled carts I wouldn't be going around with a big bag of tricks that weighs a ton around with me all day :D

Of course it's cheaper than the fags, but there are even better options. A lot of people kick the cig's because of finances [though I did for health reasons mostly too] - so every saving counts. The thing I found with smokegreens is they can run dry pretty quick. I didn't find them very consistent that way. Some would last longer than others. I went through a 5 pack in 2 days at times. The flavour just died after a couple of hours.

When you can buy pre-filled reusable carts for the same price elsewhere, and a bottle of juice for less than a fiver to top up yourself a few times ... why not save some more? ;)

The carts weren't the main issue with smokegreens. It's the piss poor quality of their batteries. I went through about 10 in 2 months!

• Advertisement

The carts weren't the main issue with smokegreens. It's the piss poor quality of their batteries. I went through about 10 in 2 months!

Now that would piss me right off :( and the battery performance drops off so quickly, I found the first half hour was fine, but a big noticeable drop off in performance after that as the battery life drained.

It was highly irritating. I sent some back, and in fairness to them, they did send replacements, but I didn't fancy having to do that every couple of weeks. There was 2 of us using the kit, so it wasn't good when a few batteries conked out. That's when I began to research better options. I wish I'd discovered vaping sites at the beginning, but feel I have saved even more money since at least :) WHenyou think that I could get a Vamo SS vv, with a couple of vivi nova tanks - 3 heads for each - plus some bottles of juice, for the price of that smokegreen starter kit!

Advertisement