Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks Cost of funding a mortgage

Options
  • 28-05-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Not sure of the correct term for this, so bear with me.

I have a Tracker Mortgage (happy days) with AIB taken out in early 2002 - and am curious as to the merits of offering them a settlement figure if I take a voluntary severance deal from my employer.

I know that they are looking to buy people out of trackers, but is it to possible to establish (even approximately) the true cost to AIB of borrowing the money on international money markets to give to me over the term of the mortgage? I suspect its a lot more than the rate I'm paying them, so it may be in their interest to strike a deal. Is this simply the Inter-bank Rate?........currently about 2.2% for medium term money (can see any references to longer then 2 years) ?

TIA

Advertisement