Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge edging / fencing

• 28-05-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭

I have a strip of hedging 20 foot long. I have it covered with bark mulch. Over the winter birds were pulling it out into the lawn. In the summer the lawn mower does similar. Where is the cheapest place to get the low wooden edging ya do see around trees ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

any DIY shop i would image,

But please take extra care birds love setting up nest in Hedging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cork24 wrote: »
    any DIY shop i would image,

But please take extra care birds love setting up nest in Hedging.

It's dear in the likes of Woodies. Want to see if anyone has got it cheaper anywhere else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

km79 wrote: »
    I have a strip of hedging 20 foot long. I have it covered with bark mulch. Over the winter birds were pulling it out into the lawn. In the summer the lawn mower does similar. Where is the cheapest place to get the low wooden edging ya do see around trees ?

You could invest in some 8 foot long railway sleepers.Hammer in a few 3 x 2 stakes and screw through them into the backs of the sleepers with some 100mm decking screws.

Job done.:)

Aldi were selling plastic lawn edging a while ago,but a lawnmower would make sh!t of it in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

paddy147 wrote: »
    Aldi were selling plastic lawn edging a while ago,but a lawnmower would make sh!t of it in no time.
    I seen that and did not like it . Prefer the wooden "barrel" type but only seen short sections in woodies at a high price !

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I seen that and did not like it . Prefer the wooden "barrel" type but only seen short sections in woodies at a high price !

A few 10-12 feet lengths of decking board from B&Q might see you through for the time being.4 of the 3 x 2 stakes per length.

Cheap and cheerfull.

A 16 foot length of PT (pressure treated) 3x2 is a tenner in a builders providers.

You will easily get 9-10 stakes out of 1 length

Advertisement