Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction Not ligit

Options
  • 28-05-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hi I recently received two infractions from Castie in the Cork Region. I have to say I am a little bewildered as to why they were sent to me.

The two infractions were giving at 11.55 and 11.57 at night about a two responses giving about two if not three weeks ago in the jobs thread. Both reponses I gave although not saying a job is available were a helpful response to questions asked on the thread.

Can I please have these taken away as really they are a bit daft, I have contacted Castie and got one liner emails back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. Can you please clarify if the mod in question was willing to discuss matters further via PM or whether they referred you to the DRP for an appeal.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello hello, not really I emailed saying that I did not think it was called for and the response was

"Mod warning post numbers are in the topic. Infraction is not being retracted. You can take this up with the DRP if you wish."

On the first part of the thread it does say that it is for jobs only not discussion which I understand but the answers I gave were to questions on the thread it was not like I went into a mad waffle about business or something random on the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ok I have now received another one at 00.16 last night..WTF im sorry but Castie for some reason seem to be targeting me in fairness if all what I said was worth three infractions I would admit it but it was not.. I cannot be that bad a poster if I was asked not too long ago to be a mod myself.. If this is the kinda way things are going now I would prefer to just use boards for reference.. If castie had any problem with what was said all she had to do was say "please stop commenting" or put a warning up not this rubbish..bad form

Hi Milly33 - The thread turned into a bit of a car crash recently with many posters clearly ignoring the warning in the thread title & mod notes in-thread. It needed to be brought back on track, however, it is acknowledged that the infractions you received were a bit heavy given that the thread rules had not been actively enforced recently.

I have requested that clear warnings as to what posts are/aren't acceptable will be added to the thread title & in the thread itself. The thread will also be more actively modded in future & warnings/infractions will be issued if the thread rules are ignored. Posters may be banned for repeat offences.

For now, the Admins will reverse the infractions issued.

I trust that this satisfies your DRP appeal.

tHB

Admins - These infractions will be removed by an Admin. Please mark this DRP as resolved. Thanks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement