Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Loan

Options
  • 28-05-2013 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi,

In relation to student loans can one bank check to see if I have, say overdraft out with another bank or a loan out with another bank if I don't tell them myself ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, assuming it's with another member of the Irish Credit Bureau, which most main financial institutions are these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Yes, assuming it's with another member of the Irish Credit Bureau, which most main financial institutions are these days.

BoI and AIB so I presume that's a yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Overdraft no, loan yes. None of the banks list overdrafts with the ICB. Never understood this myself.

chris85 wrote: »
    Overdraft no, loan yes. None of the banks list overdrafts with the ICB. Never understood this myself.

You sure about this ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You need to be completely honest and declare all your debts, including an overdraft, when applying for a loan. You sign a declaration at the bottom of the application that states that the information you supplied is true and accurate. If the bank found out at a later date that you obtained a loan by lying on the application form then they are within their rights to call in the full amount of the loan.

When you say you have an overdraft, do you mean that the account is overdrawn, or that you have an overdraft facility but are not currently using it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

You sure about this ?

If you are worried about what others can see on your report, apply for it online, and have a look yourself.
    I think it costs 6 euro

Toots* wrote: »
    You need to be completely honest and declare all your debts, including an overdraft, when applying for a loan. You sign a declaration at the bottom of the application that states that the information you supplied is true and accurate. If the bank found out at a later date that you obtained a loan by lying on the application form then they are within their rights to call in the full amount of the loan.

When you say you have an overdraft, do you mean that the account is overdrawn, or that you have an overdraft facility but are not currently using it?

Okay thanks..
    I am over drawn at the min.. ?
    dobsdave wrote: »
    If you are worried about what others can see on your report, apply for it online, and have a look yourself.
    I think it costs 6 euro

Can you give me more details on this please?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You can apply for a credit report here

http://www.icb.ie/

Advertisement