Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Bank account

Options
  • 28-05-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

just stumbled across this,

i am trying to open a uk bank account from ireland and i phoned natwest in jersey but they seem to not offer this service,

anybody who has opened a bank account with them can you tell me what branch you phoned and whats the number?

cheers trying to get this sorted asap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't resurrect old threads. I've split this off into a new one.

You might want to do a forum search as this gets asked quite often, but general consenus is that opening an account in Northern Ireland is your best bet. Ulster, Bank of Ireland, AIB (as First Trust) and Danske all have a presence there. If you currently bank with one of them here, why not try calling of their NI branches and working from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

gustafo wrote: »
    just stumbled across this,

i am trying to open a uk bank account from ireland and i phoned natwest in jersey but they seem to not offer this service,

anybody who has opened a bank account with them can you tell me what branch you phoned and whats the number?

cheers trying to get this sorted asap.

Jersey isn't in the UK, although they do use Sterling. Is there a particular reason you want to open an offshore account, or will any sterling account do? What sort of account? Are you planning to move to the uk?

It is possible to open a sterling account in the Republic of Ireland. See http://www.nationwideuk.ie/ for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Richard wrote: »
    Jersey isn't in the UK, although they do use Sterling. Is there a particular reason you want to open an offshore account, or will any sterling account do? What sort of account? Are you planning to move to the uk?

It is possible to open a sterling account in the Republic of Ireland. See http://www.nationwideuk.ie/ for example.

Got a job with a uk company working offshore, i will be working month on month off so won't be living there, i wan't to try and open any sort of account so i can get my salary paid into it,

Why i put it on an old tread was that people were saying that it's possible to open an offshore sterling account in jersey with natwest international over the phone but i'm not having much luck,

Does anybody know if it's possible to get it sorted over the phone as i won't have any chance of doing it when there as i will be going offshore the day i arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'll most likely need to go into a branch as they'll have to verify ID etc. As noted above, why not call an NI bank and get the process sorted before leaving? You could go up and see them, get it opened. Previous posters have had their cards etc delivered to their Irish address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

OP, you open an Ulster Bank UK account from down here without going through a branch by phone and obviously a lot of paperwork but once set-up you can view your account online (without the charges we have down here) and see your inflows and outflows.

Go onto the UK UB website and get the number through there. It will take a few weeks to sort out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement