Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad for seniors - apps/tips/advice

• 28-05-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭

I bought my parents an ipad so if anyone has any tips or advice or app recommendations for people in their late 60's I'd appreciate it....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I don't think they'll need any special help really. Set up all the iTunes stuff for them,they'll never handle that! Then tell then you can't break it no matter what you do,turning it off and on again fixes everything. Really it's a very intuitive user experience. My mum didn't even want to pick it up when she got hers,no computer experience at all and within 10 mins of taking it in her hands she was hooked. Now she hardly leaves whatever room she's in without it. I'd say the only thing worth teaching them is the soft reset,pressing the power button at the same time until it turns off and back on again. They'll rarely need it but it might come in handy someday.

Advertisement