Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners for complete noob

Options
  • 28-05-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I'm joining a gym soon. I've never been a fan of exercising, possibly because of my feet*. I wear orthotic inserts prescribed by a reputable physical therapist/biomechanical assesor after gait analysis.
    The physical therapist recommends asics cumulus, nimbus or stratus - neutral, cushioned shoes. They cost more than I'd be spending on the gym! Does anyone here know of or use similar but cheaper runners?
    I know you get what you pay for but it's a bit much for me to invest atm especially when I'm not in the habit of exercising yet. On the other hand I don't want to cause more trouble or get an injury that costs more to fix.

*foot problems include a mortons neuroma and something akin to a forefoot valgus. No idea if I'm a heel striker or anything like that

Advertisement