Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract up with Sky

Options
  • 28-05-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Our contract with Sky is finishing in July and having heard about a lot of bargains that can be worked out with them, what could or should we ask for to stay with them?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

What package are you currently on and what are you currently paying? What box(es) do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Up to last week we had the sports package that was coming to €62 a month with the Sky+HD box. I rang up in April to give a month's notice to remove the sport's and was expecting some offer to come in the meantime but nothing came. Sports is gone now but we upgraded to the entertainment extra package and are currently paying €35 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

I have entertainment extra for half price for 6 months, that's 17.50 a month plus so basically paying nothing. I need to ring up again in a few weeks as I have the date in my diary.

You need to cancel and then they ring you back within the 30 days. Mention Freesat, Saorview etc. It all depends how much time you are willing to spend. The best discounts are after they have cut you off, if they ring you.

Just after ringing Sky looking to cancel as our contract is up on the 8th of August. We are currently paying €35 a month for entertainment extra and would be looking to get sports next month. They offered €25 a month instead of €35 on the existing deal and €56 instead of €70 with the sports package. I declined both hoping they would offer something better (maybe half price) but there was nothing else. What is the likelihood that they will call back offering something better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Boots234 wrote: »
    Just after ringing Sky looking to cancel as our contract is up on the 8th of August. We are currently paying €35 a month for entertainment extra and would be looking to get sports next month. They offered €25 a month instead of €35 on the existing deal and €56 instead of €70 with the sports package. I declined both hoping they would offer something better (maybe half price) but there was nothing else. What is the likelihood that they will call back offering something better?

I gave my 31 day notice to cancel Entertainment Extra with Sports HD (€85pm) a couple of weeks ago. They offered to give it to me for 6 months at €61 per month. I declined. Offered basic pack for €17pm - no HD. I declined. Adjusted bill amount was taken from my bank two days ago.

I got a call a few minutes ago offering me all I had for half price (€42.50), contract free, for six months. I accepted. I might have got more if I dug my heels in, but they offered the maximum I was prepared to pay.

• Advertisement

Boots234 wrote: »

I am still waiting for a call from Sky but am beginning to lose hope! Should I ring them and say that we actually do want to stay but risk the chance of not getting any discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,091 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I rang and cancelled about 3 weeks ago and they did offer 25% off but I said no thanks. The subscription will expire in 8 days and I did think that I would have got a call back before now but nothing so far.

Im not that pushed anyhow as I will still have the FTA channels and Saorview and as Im right beside the border I get Freeview also.

Advertisement