Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play dodgy power button

• 28-05-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've had my Xperia Play since December 2011, and it's given me a year and a halfs good service, conquering Kilimanjaro and surviving multiple scout camps! However... a while back while camping I fell asleep with the phone in my sleeping bag, and when I woke up the power button wasn't working. The button seemed to be always on. I would push it and nothing would happen, but if I took the battery out and but i back in the phone would automatically jump into life.

This was initially a pain in the ass, but I got an app to lock the screen, and can turn it on via the phones home button. Fast forward a month, and camping again, fall asleep with the phone in the sleeping bag, and I wake up to the screen continually flashing the screen on and off! I used a tweezers to pull the button around and it stopped. But after a while came back, and now keeps doing it every now and again. It will also start locking the screen in the middle of doing things. I opened the phone up and had a look and couldn't see anything wrong. The button does seem to be less springy than it should be, and I blew on it to try remove any dust that might be stopping it.

So, could it just be the button is shot? Might it need a proper clean (not sure if it can be opened up) or could a repair shop replace the button on the motherboard?

Any ideas are much appreciated! I really can't afford to be replacing my phone at the moment!

nim

Advertisement