Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting dole tranferred to the Costa Del Sol

• 28-05-2013 7:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Whats the story with getting the dole transferred to another EU country. What are the conditions? Can someone who is on it for say two weeks have it transferred to the Costa Del Sol?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I hope your joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Whats the story with getting the dole transferred to another EU country. What are the conditions? Can someone who is on it for say two weeks have it transferred to the Costa Del Sol?

Jobseeker's Benefit* (JB) may be transferred to another EEA member state for up to 13 weeks (78 days), if you are looking for work there. You must be getting Jobseeker's Benefit for 4 weeks before you can transfer it to another EEA member state. From 1 May 2010 new EU Regulations came into effect (pdf) which mean that if you apply to transfer your Jobseeker's Benefit, it will be paid directly to you. You are still required to register with the employment services of the country where you have gone to look for work within a week. If you are leaving Ireland to move to Northern Ireland or Britain your Social Welfare Local Office will issue you with the Form U2 (formerly Form E303) which you take to the UK social services. If you are moving to another EU country the Department of Social Protection will send the U2 form to your new address in that EU country.http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/claiming_a_social_welfare_payment/going_abroad_and_social_welfare_payments.html
    * This only applies to Jobseekers Benefit and not Jobseekers Allowance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 LordHaughHaugh

L5 wrote: »
    I hope your joking.

I'm not tbh, I'm sure some people have done it. I know a bloke who went to the costa to teach English. I'm just wondering if I was to do the same would the dole transfer if for me until I get myself on my feet.

Balagan wrote: »
    Jobseeker's Benefit* (JB) may be transferred to another EEA member state for up to 13 weeks (78 days), if you are looking for work there. You must be getting Jobseeker's Benefit for 4 weeks before you can transfer it to another EEA member state. From 1 May 2010 new EU Regulations came into effect (pdf) which mean that if you apply to transfer your Jobseeker's Benefit, it will be paid directly to you. You are still required to register with the employment services of the country where you have gone to look for work within a week. If you are leaving Ireland to move to Northern Ireland or Britain your Social Welfare Local Office will issue you with the Form U2 (formerly Form E303) which you take to the UK social services. If you are moving to another EU country the Department of Social Protection will send the U2 form to your new address in that EU country.http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/claiming_a_social_welfare_payment/going_abroad_and_social_welfare_payments.html
    * This only applies to Jobseekers Benefit and not Jobseekers Allowance.

Whats the difference between both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

You will need to have built up the stamps (PRSI contributions) to qualify for Benefit, if you don't have the stamps you will be means tested and awarded Allowance depending on the outcome of that.

If you weren't previously in employment, or not in it long enough, you won't get Benefit.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

You will need to have built up the stamps (PRSI contributions) to qualify for Benefit, if you don't have the stamps you will be means tested and awarded Allowance depending on the outcome of that.

If you weren't previously in employment, or not in it long enough, you won't get Benefit.

I was in employment for while. Worked up about 200+ prsi. Would that qualify?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

No idea I don't know the requirements, if you do a Google search you should find out, but €200 seems a bit low to qualify for it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

No idea I don't know the requirements, if you do a Google search you should find out, but €200 seems a bit low to qualify for it.

Fingers crossed

Cool, I checked it there, you need 260 prsi credits to qualify. I only have 230 but it appears exceptions can be made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Cool, I checked it there, you need 260 prsi credits to qualify. I only have 230 but it appears exceptions can be made

Exceptions are just that, made in exceptional circumstances. You would need a very good case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Time for this thread to go on holidays.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement