Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uk to ireland shipping

Options
  • 28-05-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I want to buy a roof box from a UK company. they charge 80 sterling for delivery to ireland, with free delivery to uk and 65 to northern ireland.

does anybody know of any companies in the uk that offer a middle man service, with free delivery to them and then lower ireland delivery prices, like a rental box service. i remember hearing about these kind of companies years ago, but can't remember their names.

any hints/tips welcome:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd be asking them if they can do it any cheaper way. The postage costs are obviously included in the UK price, so they are charging £80 in addition to whatever the UK postage is, so really it could be ~£120 in postage they want. Which seems far too much.

I know a UK site who delivered me up to 20kg for £6.50 or so, in a box bigger than a washing machine. So they could find alternative couriers if they tried.

Parcelmotel is up north so you would be stuck with the £65 and then their fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

That's far too much. I'd be thinking around 20 stg from experience. Ask them again or move on !

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dominoe39

I just mailed them , will let you know ! thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NikkiF

Hi, that sounds very reasonable i was wanting to get a upvc back door delivered from Pershore UK to Ireland would you please send me details of courier/company that was used. Thanks

Advertisement