Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Belfast - where to go?

• 28-05-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

So, myself and the girlfriend are popping up north for a long weekend due to the Game of Thrones exhibition, and as per usual, we'd like a bar with good music to relax in during the evenings.

Now, the sticky tells of two spots - both seem to be closed, just like MTG tells of a few spots who are either closed or somewhat more on the pop side than the metal side.

As for genre, well - classic metal is good, modern metal is good, folk, viking, death, thrash, melodic - we're not really all that picky. I'm thinking something in the likes of Bruxelles, Gyspy Rose and Fibber's in Dublin - surely there's something similar in Belfast? :)

According to MTG (MetalTravelGuide), the best options are Rosetta Bar and Katy Dalys - is that right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

.. So I guess nobody here really knows anything about the Belfast nightlife :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wish I could be helpful, but I've never been to Belfast myself so I wouldn't have a clue of what's what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

A few of the decent places have closed down lately... The limelight/Katy dalys is more kind of indie than metal, never been to the Rosetta so not sure there.

The Elms is a pretty good rock bar IMO, it has a jukebox with some decent music on it anyway.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ThunderZtorm

Hey guys - back from the holiday.

We never did manage to get out to the Elms (It's a bit outside the city centre after all) - however..

Very much in the middle of Belfast, very close to City Hall, there's a newly opened bar called Voodoo. Apparently they do all things alternative, but the crowd is definitely rock/metal/punk types. Very much a positive experience to stumble across that place.

Also, any female rockers going by Belfast should definitely pop by Fresh Garbage, a small shop filled to the rim with good stuff for girls apparently :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JukeboxJurors

A few of the decent places have closed down lately... The limelight/Katy dalys is more kind of indie than metal, never been to the Rosetta so not sure there.

The Elms is a pretty good rock bar IMO, it has a jukebox with some decent music on it anyway.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

The Rosetta Bar is now closed too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Advertisement