Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Words In An English Essay?

Options
  • 28-05-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

How many words should the composing, the comparative, poetry and the single text each be for Higher Level Leaving Cert English?

I know that they should generally be about 5/6 pages long but my handwriting's significantly smaller than other people and knowing how many words would help a lot :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭Student007

Around 1000 words / four A4 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Its not quantity in english is quality. Tye shortest essay I'd write is around 3 and half edging onto four pages and but no longer than 5. I do know people in the mocks got higher marks writing a 3 page essay in poetry than some who wrote 5 or 6. Just make sure you get all your points across that you want to say and don't waffle just to make the essay longer :)

Advertisement