Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Laughs 2013

Options
  • 28-05-2013 8:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading to it,much of a buzz building for it?

Not liking the new colour scheme on the posters looks more like Halloween stuff lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

there still seems to be a lot of tickets left for the shows with only a few shows selling out so far but the weekend itself is always a great atmosphere around the city especially if there's any sun! I expect this year to be no different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Its a festival they should run on a quieter weekend I always thought to get people in

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Easily the best line up they've had for years. The sponsorship from Sky was a real coup and that's evident in the quality of their tv ads and promotional material. The signage around the city also looks really eye catching.

After a long run of lacklustre years, this looks like a good Cat Laughs.

Good to hear but I didn't feel or hear any buzz this year for it

Havent seen any tv ads or adverts but maybe I have missed them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

sasta le wrote: »
    Good to hear but I didn't feel or hear any buzz this year for it

Havent seen any tv ads or adverts but maybe I have missed them

Think it's getting a good mention on radio today. Today Fm look like they are tied in with it some how.

It's a fairly well established festival at this stage. I think it has gotten a lot better in recent years. not as many shows but definitely a better quality all round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I wasn't impressed with Neil Delamare the other night content awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Delemare isn't really a good stand up anymore though is he? I'm gutted im missing mike wilmot this year, he was incredibly good last year

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Went to see Kevin Bridges and he was good ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

femur61 wrote: »
    I wasn't impressed with Neil Delamare the other night content awful.

Went to see him in Langtons on Saturday and thought he was excellent. Have seen him 3 times and this was easily his best gig of the 3. Colin Murphy was a bit hit and miss though - prepared content was average enough but when he went off rambling he was good.

Liked the shows I saw but id still say it would be better on a quieter weekend where it would get more genuine comedy fans

The town was full of the bank holiday weekend morons.Heard a stag even went into the Kitten club gig Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

sasta le wrote: »

The town was full of the bank holiday weekend morons.Heard a stag even went into the Kitten club gig Saturday

What's a bank holiday weekend moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Einhard wrote: »

I must have been spotted out and about so :(

:p:p

Morons that seem to be more annoying with a long weekend of drinking lol

Wimbago wrote: »
    Went to see him in Langtons on Saturday and thought he was excellent. Have seen him 3 times and this was easily his best gig of the 3. Colin Murphy was a bit hit and miss though - prepared content was average enough but when he went off rambling he was good.

I hope he didn't take the piss again out off a certain local woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Einhard wrote: »

It's a weekend where the Monday immediately after it is a day off work for everyone and the banks are closed. No need for name calling either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Sky King wrote: »
    It's a weekend where the Monday immediately after it is a day off work for everyone and the banks are closed. No need for name calling either.

I think you need to read the post above the one you quoted....

saw Neil Delamare on Thursday night in the opening gig as well and he was excellent as well. Easily the best of the comedians that night.

Not sure what gig the poster who said he was awful was at.

Personal attacks at Kilkenny woman, laughing at her.

Personal attacks at Kilkenny woman, laughing at her.

if you mean this -> www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMazVkH72_w

then yes he did bring this up. It was funny.

Seriously he's an Irish comedian(even if not one I like presently) of course he is going to take the piss out of one of the biggest things to come outta the place.

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »
    Seriously he's an Irish comedian(even if not one I like presently) of course he is going to take the piss out of one of the biggest things to come outta the place.

Was it Neil Delamare or Colm O'Regan, wife says I am wrong.

Know this woman it has had a devastating effect on her and I mean devastating.

To be fair he doesn't know her, the vast majority don't, it's viral. I'm sure you've laughed yer hole off at similar things online and it's grand because you don't know em

The problem is the little **** who video taped it. Blame him.

Once its gone viral its a no brainer that the comedian would use it.

Saw Dara O Brian one time he was here shame he doesn't come any more.

Advertisement