Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording Phone Calls (iPhone)

• 28-05-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I was told here by dudara to ask this here for some reason..

How does one record phone calls from their iPhone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Don't think it's possible unless its jail broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

guil wrote: »
    Don't think it's possible unless its jail broken
    Of course you can! Why would you need it to be Jailbroken?

OP, here's a list http://appadvice.com/appguides/show/call-recording

I, personally use https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-recorder-phone-calls/id623793059?mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Tallon wrote: »
    Of course you can! Why would you need it to be Jailbroken?

OP, here's a list http://appadvice.com/appguides/show/call-recording

I, personally use https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/call-recorder-phone-calls/id623793059?mt=8

Thanks.. for the one you use, credits are used for topping up to record.. but does it allow you to record the calls you receive/answer, even half way through if you decided to? I'd not want to waste credits if I didn't have to.

Google Voice looks good, but I think it's not available here. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

It never asked me for credits, maybe it's changed since I got it

Try a few others, or just search on your handset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Slightly misleading answers I feel. I have spent a reasonable amount of time googling on this subject. As far I can see there are no native apps that record both incoming and outgoing calls on the iphone itself. There is a cydia tweak for the iphone 5 but not sure how well that works. On the iphone 4s it only works off the speaker which isn't an ideal solution IMHO. Also it notifies people that the call is being recorded which for many would negate the point in recording your calls in the first place depending on which country you are in whilst using your phone.

Instead from what I can see the apps available require you to use a third party via various means. Some are VOIP type set ups where your call goes through them directly.

If anyone has found a native app that records onto the iphone itself without the use of a 3rd party and takes both incoming and outgoing calls then let us know. My phone is jailbroken also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Watching iTunes film in iphone. Is there such a thing as an iphone /HD cable ?

I want to plug iphone direct to TV HD connection?

Thks

Ps when u watch DVD on laptop I connect HD out on laptop to HD TV ... Works grand ...... That's what I'm trying 2 do ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Watching iTunes film in iphone. Is there such a thing as an iphone /HD cable ?

I want to plug iphone direct to TV HD connection?

Thks

Ps when u watch DVD on laptop I connect HD out on laptop to HD TV ... Works grand ...... That's what I'm trying 2 do ta
    What's that to do with recording a phone call? Anyway what your after is a component cable fr apple which isn't too cheap and I'm not sure but there's more than likely restrictions as to what it will play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

basill wrote: »
    Slightly misleading answers I feel. I have spent a reasonable amount of time googling on this subject. As far I can see there are no native apps that record both incoming and outgoing calls on the iphone itself. There is a cydia tweak for the iphone 5 but not sure how well that works. On the iphone 4s it only works off the speaker which isn't an ideal solution IMHO. Also it notifies people that the call is being recorded which for many would negate the point in recording your calls in the first place depending on which country you are in whilst using your phone.

Instead from what I can see the apps available require you to use a third party via various means. Some are VOIP type set ups where your call goes through them directly.

If anyone has found a native app that records onto the iphone itself without the use of a 3rd party and takes both incoming and outgoing calls then let us know. My phone is jailbroken also.

Same here. I ended up buying a voice recorder and I use an in ear microphone to record calls. Expensive solution, but the only reliable one I know of and I badly need it for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

basill wrote: »

I found several apps with a quick google and tested two. They all use external server services to do the job, here you make the call via their servers. Apple does not allow direct simple recording of both channels. So it depends on how important the service is to you and how often you want to use it as to whether these services are worth it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi, I'm hoping there is some news about an app that can record calls on the iPhone 6.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement