Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CWO

• 28-05-2013 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,]

I am finishing a FÁS course in a few weeks and when I phoned them today they said I could be waiting up to four months for my claim to be decided, She also said that because some staff are off work during the summer that I could be waiting longer than four months, but as my means haven't changed then it is possible I won't be waiting four months, but they couldn't be sure, it'd depend on who processed my application and whether they think it needs to be seen by an inspector.

If I do have to wait four months, can the CWO give me money each week, just a small amount for basics, like food and bills? I live at home and have no rent etc, just food and bills.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Thank you so much. Does it take long for applications to be processed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Thank you so much. Does it take long for applications to be processed?
    Waiting time will depend on the work load in your local CWO's office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

How long was your course? Claims after FAS courses are usually fast tracked. It will depend on how long ago you were means assessed.

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    How long was your course? Claims after FAS courses are usually fast tracked. It will depend on how long ago you were means assessed.

The course is 10 months, and is finishing in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

It should be fast tracked. If it has been more than 18 months since that last means test they may require a new one. I suppose it would depend on the office and if there are any other changes in circumstances.

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    It should be fast tracked. If it has been more than 18 months since that last means test they may require a new one. I suppose it would depend on the office and if there are any other changes in circumstances.

That's great thank you so much.

My last SW claim was the end of last year, just before my course started and she said that my means test then is valid for two years unless my means change, which they haven't.

Advertisement