Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irritated tragus piercing?

• 28-05-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I got a tragus piercing about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be irritated, or possibly minorly infected, it's extremely sore, seems to be swollen and when I clean it a small amount of blood comes out, however, no green or yellow discharge.
    Anyway, due to the swelling, the stud which I got it pierced with seems to be at risk of coming out, due to the fact there's no back on it, so, I want to change it. I was thinking of changing it to a titanium horseshoe, would this be alright if I sterilise the horse shoe first by boiling it and don't change it again until it's healed?

Edit: Also, the swelling isn't that bad, I wouldn't have noticed it had I not noticed the stud starting to come out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Also, I've got another question, not for me, but I'm asking it for a friend. Can you get a scaffold piercing repierced in the same spots after taking it out after it heals up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You mentioned a stud you have in it... what kind of stud?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

You mentioned a stud you have in it... what kind of stud?
    A regular ear lobe stud, I gave into temptation and cheaped out and got it pierced with a gun, probably not my best idea. I'm not sure what material it's made out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Go to a good piercing studio now, you should not have a stud in that. Suffer the loss and just pay to get it changed somewhere reputable. Getting a titanium bar yourself and sterilizing it with boiling water is a bad idea while you're healing and at high risk of infection.

I also realised you had a similar thread about a month ago. Read some of the stickies in the forum before you get another piercing, this one is good.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055659948

Advertisement