Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm 1 or 2 phone cables ?

Options
  • 28-05-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I have a Hkc Securewatch alarm system that sends texts through a digi modem card on the panel. I got a Adsl panel fitted to my Ntu unit and I see it has a part on the back for connecting the alarm to. I was wondering if the alarm has two feeds from the phone,I can only see one on the modem but the Adsl panel has a alarm in and out ports on it. Does any one know whether there are 2 feeds to the panel or is it just the one that I can see.
    Also if it is just the one does this connect to the in or out on the Adsl panel.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

This is to allow the alarm dialer to sieze the line to the exclusion of all other connected equipment. the two connections are line to the alarm and line return from the alarm. There are also two resistors which have to be snipped out to use this connection these are marked {ALARM}

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Redshift wrote: »
    This is to allow the alarm dialer to sieze the line to the exclusion of all other connected equipment. the two connections are line to the alarm and line return from the alarm. There are also two resistors which have to be snipped out to use this connection these are marked {ALARM}

I understand that but I can only see one phone cable attached to the panel and that is on to the digi modem card.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

SPAWKER wrote: »
    I understand that but I can only see one phone cable attached to the panel and that is on to the digi modem card.

The digi should have a line in (main line) line out (return to phone).

altor wrote: »
    The digi should have a line in (main line) line out (return to phone).

The digi just has a line in the other one marked phone is free. Thats the way is has been since it was installed a few years ago.

The digi just has a line in the other one marked phone is free. Thats the way is has been since it was installed a few years ago.

If that is the case then it has not being given line priority.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    If that is the case then it has not being given line priority.

That's grand thanks for all your replies.

That's grand thanks for all your replies.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement