Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Pre-Pay Phone - Under 200 euro

Options
  • 28-05-2013 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently on O2 pre-pay and have been going through a series of rubbish old hand-me-down phones for a good while now. I am looking for a smart phone within the above price range that gives me the most bang for my buck. This deal for the Samsung Galaxy Note that I missed out on for instance would have been perfect: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056956238

The main features I will require from the phone are a GPS facility as well as a decent quality camera. I am open to any suggestion of a recommended handset within the specified budget range and would be willing to purchase abroad if necessary, off the likes of Amazon or any other reputable online retail site if it means there is better value and spec to be had. I am aware of the different operating systems that exist such as Android, OS and Windows, but would not be able to tell what separate advantages they have.

Any advice or tips from knowledgeable folk on here will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have a look at some other threads here, there are a million requests just like yours already.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

Nokia Lumia 520 at €110 with 02 is an absolute steal, worth a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Nokia Lumia 520 at €110 with 02 is an absolute steal, worth a look!

Is it really. I've heard the camera has no flash, but does it give much else away compared to the 620 and further up the range?

The phones I'm looking at now are the Huawei Y300, the Jiayu G2/G3 and the Acer CloudMobile. Would the Lumia 520 be a better phone for the price than these three?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If your not interested in the latest software the SE xperia arc s for €149 on 02
    4 inch screen
    8.1 mega pixel exmor r camera
    720p HD video
    8gb of external memory expands up to 32gb

Won't be getting latest android update but pretty well speced for the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Gatling wrote: »
    If your not interested in the latest software the SE xperia arc s for €149 on 02
    4 inch screen
    8.1 mega pixel exmor r camera
    720p HD video
    8gb of external memory expands up to 32gb

Won't be getting latest android update but pretty well speced for the price

Hi,

Looked at that, thanks. Think I'm after a Jiayu G3S or G4 now though. I will probably choose between the two when I eventually gather more info, as it's proving difficult to generate responses to questions on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hi,

Looked at that, thanks. Think I'm after a Jiayu G3S or G4 now though. I will probably choose between the two when I eventually gather more info, as it's proving difficult to generate responses to questions on here.

Your probably better asking here on the android forum

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1343

Advertisement