Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 310xt or 910xt

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice regarding new tri watch. I had a Garmin 310xt however lost it and need to re-invest.
    Wondering if I can justify going with the 910xt.
    Has anybody experiences of both. I found the 310 good, little bulky but comfortable. Heart rate and GPS good. Only issue I had was regarding the GPS distance when swimming.
    My understanding is that the 910 addresses this.
    Is this the only really difference? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

You can also use the swim-cap method with the 310XT.

The 910 will also count strokes and turns in an indoor pool I believe.

I have a 310 but I've never tried the swim-cap method. I'm too afraid my hat would slip off and I'd lose my precious watch in a lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

*cough* return rates.

Could look at the Suunto Abit 2

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

910XT all the way! If you know anybody in the states you can get it for €285 with the quick release strap on www.trivillage.com this is were I got mine.

This is without HRM as I already have one from my 305

You will see it as $399 but add it to your cart and you'll see this:

Use Coupon Order100-10 - 10% off $100 orders
    Use Coupon Order200-15 - 15% off $200 orders

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Not had a 310, but have a 910. It does count pool lengths, but can be glitchy and miscount. Things like a slow start or stopping midlength will make it miscount, and obviously, it wont measure kicking only at all. Grand if you're doing a straight timed swim, but for drills leave it at home.

I have a narrow wrist (a 405 was always a bit big) but this fits fine.

I've only used the watch for one ow swim, in a venue where I knew the distance already, and it was accurate. As tunney can testify they have massive issues with fogging, but mine has only done that once, so far.

I presume the 310 has the race feature where you can put in custom race settings for whatever type of multisport thing you happen to be doing, I found that really useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

tunney wrote: »
    *cough* return rates.

Expensive ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

tunney wrote: »
    *cough* return rates.

The Sapphire model actually looks really cool. Like something a person could actually wear in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

I had the same decision to make last month and went with the 910.
    Happy out with my choice.
    Have been using it 5 times a week for the last month and thus far have had no problems with fogging or premium HR strap, although I know it's early days yet to say Garmin have sorted the glitches.
    Premium strap is sooooo much more comfortable and doesn't tend to slip down like the older strap did (on me anyway).

Check out DC Rainmaker for a comprehensive review. He is also fond of the Ambit 2 but doesn't nail his colours to the mast on which is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Anyone here get the Suunto Ambit 2 . Curious to see if people liked it. Its it available locally now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

FYI, the 910xt is on sale on Amazon for €290 at the moment!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunner-910XT-GPS-Watch/dp/B005SPCJ74/

Advertisement