Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

911 conspiracy theorists. What would convince you 911 WASNT a inside job

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭

Simple question.

What would convince you that 19 fundamentalists hijacked 4 planes to attack the pentagon the twin towers and a 4th plane that crashed into a field in Pennsylvania?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Sixtus wrote: »
    Simple question.

What would convince you that 19 fundamentalists hijacked 4 planes to attack the pentagon the twin towers and a 4th plane that crashed into a field in Pennsylvania?

Evidence that they were "fundamentalists" for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭vforvictory

Simple question.

Have you seen Jim Corr on the Late Late show?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Or Evidence that it is possible that Hani Hanjour, someone who could barely fly a cessna, could have pulled off the maneuver on the final approach to hit the pentagon in a fully loaded 757.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Footage showing how the other WTC buildings ignited and collapsed without even being directly hit.

All of them. I think WTC 7 was the furthest one away?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭Colgem

Evidence that they were "fundamentalists" for a start.

I think the evidence that they were fundamentalists is their actions killing 3,000 plus people.

Many of the hijackers made statements both on video and in print explaining their reasons for the attack.

• Advertisement

Footage showing how the other WTC buildings ignited and collapsed without even being directly hit.

Yes WTC 7 was the furthest away. The design of the WTC 7 contributed to it's collapse.

fig_1_1.jpg

It's 2013, 12 years after the attack, expecting new footage at this point is unrealistic.

A better question, "what possible evidence that could exist would convince you 9/11 was not a inside jo?"

BloodBath wrote: »
    Or Evidence that it is possible that Hani Hanjour, someone who could barely fly a cessna, could have pulled off the maneuver on the final approach to hit the pentagon in a fully loaded 757.

There's this testimony from Guilio Bernacchia,
    I’ve been a pilot for the past 27 years, first in the Italian Air Force, and then as a check Captain for an airline.

I have a good experience as a simulator instructor and examiner, (as a matter of fact one of my jobs was to train people with very basic experience…), and I flew NATO AWACS planes as an Aircraft Commander (air refueling qualified) and maritime patrol airplanes very low over water.

So, maybe immodestly, I think I can enter the 9-11 are

http://www.911myths.com/html/giulio_bernacchia.html

Provides scans of all his certifications

For starts he points out Hanjour had a full pilots licence and the claim that he couldn't pull this off is just selective editing of the flight school owner

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/GPO-911REPORT/pdf/GPO-911REPORT.pdf

Other things about Hanjour
    Chevrette said that the school's student, Hani Hanjour, lacked adequate English skills to gain his pilot's license. An FAA official responded to her concerns by suggesting that Hanjour could use an interpreter even though mastery of English is a requirement for a pilot. Chevrette said that when the Sept. 11 attacks occurred, she knew Hanjour must have been involved.
    "I remember crying all the way to work knowing our company helped to do this," she said.
    Chevrette said that Hanjour's English was so bad that it took him eight hours to complete an oral exam that should've taken two hours.
    One 9/11 Commission footnote (to Chapter 7) is relatively positive. 170. FBI report, "Summary of Penttbom Investigation," Feb. 29, 2004, pp. 52­57. Hanjour successfully conducted a challenging certification flight supervised by an instructor at Congressional Air Charters of Gaithersburg, Maryland, landing at a small airport with a difficult approach.The instructor thought Hanjour may have had training from a military pilot because he used a terrain recognition system for navigation. Eddie Shalev interview (Apr.9, 2004).
    FBI agents have questioned and administered a lie detector test to one of Hanjour's instructors in Arizona who was an Arab American and had signed off on Hanjour's flight instruction credentials before he got his pilot's license. That instructor said he told agents that Hanjour was "a very average pilot, maybe struggling a little bit." The instructor added, "Maybe his English wasn't very good."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/10/attack/main508656.shtml

Hanjour was a average pilot with both a private and commercial licence.
    "Despite Hanjour's poor reviews, he did have some ability as a pilot, said Bernard of Freeway Airport. "There's no doubt in my mind that once that [hijacked jet] got going, he could have pointed that plane at a building and hit it," he said" http://www.pentagonresearch.com/Newsday_com.htm

So lets be clear a number of pilots including Hanjour's trainer think he could manage a 757.

Onto whether he could do it
    As I've explained in at least one prior column, Hani Hanjour's flying was hardly the show-quality demonstration often described. It was exceptional only in its recklessness. If anything, his loops and turns and spirals above the nation's capital revealed him to be exactly the ****ty pilot he by all accounts was. To hit the Pentagon squarely he needed only a bit of luck, and he got it, possibly with help from the 757's autopilot. Striking a stationary object -- even a large one like the Pentagon -- at high speed and from a steep angle is very difficult. To make the job easier, he came in obliquely, tearing down light poles as he roared across the Pentagon's lawn. It's true there's only a vestigial similarity between the cockpit of a light trainer and the flight deck of a Boeing. To put it mildly, the attackers, as private pilots, were completely out of their league. However, they were not setting out to perform single-engine missed approaches or Category 3 instrument landings with a failed hydraulic system. For good measure, at least two of the terrorist pilots had rented simulator time in jet aircraft, but striking the Pentagon, or navigating along the Hudson River to Manhattan on a cloudless morning, with the sole intention of steering head-on into a building, did not require a mastery of airmanship. The perpetrators had purchased manuals and videos describing the flight management systems of the 757/767, and as any desktop simulator enthusiast will tell you, elementary operation of the planes' navigational units and autopilots is chiefly an exercise in data programming. You can learn it at home. You won't be good, but you'll be good enough.
    "They'd done their homework and they had what they needed," says a United Airlines pilot (name withheld on request), who has flown every model of Boeing from the 737 up. "Rudimentary knowledge and fearlessness."
    "As everyone saw, their flying was sloppy and aggressive," says Michael (last name withheld), a pilot with several thousand hours in 757s and 767s. "Their skills and experience, or lack thereof, just weren't relevant."
    "The hijackers required only the shallow understanding of the aircraft," agrees Ken Hertz, an airline pilot rated on the 757/767. "In much the same way that a person needn't be an experienced physician in order to perform CPR or set a broken bone."
    That sentiment is echoed by Joe d'Eon, airline pilot and host of the "Fly With Me" podcast series. "It's the difference between a doctor and a butcher," says d'Eon.

[QUOTE=Giulio Bernacchia]In my opinion the official version of the fact is absolutely plausible, does not require exceptional circumstances, bending of any law of physics or superhuman capabilities. Like other (real pilots) have said, the manoeuvres required of the hijackers were within their (very limited) capabilities, they were performed without any degree of finesse and resulted in damage to the targets only after desperate overmanoeuvring of the planes. The hijackers took advantage of anything that might make their job easier, and decided not to rely on their low piloting skills. It is misleading to make people believe that the hijackers HAD to possess superior pilot skills to do what they did.[/QUOTE]

So to conclude a number of aviation experts think that those who were astonished by Hanjour's behaviour are just aghast at his recklessness, a recklessness that is plausible when you consider he was trying to crash a plane filled without innocent people into a building.

Bloodbath does that satisfy you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Flameing debris from the collapsing towers. No footage exists of it hitting the buildings as there weren't many cameras that close at that time.

However there is ample evidence of large sections of debris going a large distance.
    For example:
    This damage done to the 3 World Financial centre, which is just next to the North Bridge on the map that Colgem posted
    http://www.911myths.com/assets/images/600000_pounds.jpg

A close up shows an unmistakable chunk of WTC1's cladding hanging from it.
    http://www.911myths.com/assets/images/WFC3_close.jpg

Or here: http://www.debunking911.com/Bankers.jpg
    http://drjudywood.com/articles/DEW/dewpics/Image71fema.jpg
    This is the Bankers Trust building which is on the very bottom of the map

If large debris can make it as far as those buildings, similar sized ones or smaller ones can make it as far as all of the WTC buildings.

http://www.debunking911.com/fig-1-7.jpg

King Mob wrote: »
    Flameing debris from the collapsing towers. No footage exists of it hitting the buildings as there weren't many cameras that close at that time.

However there is ample evidence of large sections of debris going a large distance.
    For example:
    This damage done to the 3 World Financial centre, which is just next to the North Bridge on the map that Colgem posted
    http://www.911myths.com/assets/images/600000_pounds.jpg

A close up shows an unmistakable chunk of WTC1's cladding hanging from it.
    http://www.911myths.com/assets/images/WFC3_close.jpg

Or here: http://www.debunking911.com/Bankers.jpg
    http://drjudywood.com/articles/DEW/dewpics/Image71fema.jpg
    This is the Bankers Trust building which is on the very bottom of the map

If large debris can make it as far as those buildings, similar sized ones or smaller ones can make it as far as all of the WTC buildings.

http://www.debunking911.com/fig-1-7.jpg

You left out the most significant part of my post when you quoted me.

Many buildings in the wtc complex were destroyed, due to falling debris.

Why do you expect new footage to appear 12 years later.

And the WTC 7 was the only one built over a subway station and a power substation.

• Advertisement

You left out the most significant part of my post when you quoted me.
    I don't understand why it is significant.
    It is the furthest of the WTC buildings as Colgem pointed out already.

I provided photos that show that very large chunks of debris made it large distances comparable to the distance between WTC1 and 7.
    These photos also show that smaller debris could make it much much further.
    It wouldn't have needed much flaming debris to start the fires and it wouldn't have needed to be that big. I have shown that such debris could have made it to all of the WTC buildings, including WTC7.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Reading the various conspiracy theories has me convinced that 19 hijackers carried it out, pretty much as described.

Colgem wrote: »
    Why do you expect new footage to appear 12 years later.

I don't but the op asked what would convince me.

It's the biggest physical mystery to me because WTC 7 was pretty far away.

I don't but the op asked what would convince me.

Okay but that's like saying "I'd be convinced if I could see real time evidence of osama bin laden watching and planning the attacks. It's unlikely that there is any new footage of the WTC 7 collapse.

So aside from evidence that doesn't exist what evidence would convince you 9/11 was a inside job?
    It's the biggest physical mystery to me because WTC 7 was pretty far away.

Its not a mystery, among the buildings in the WTC complex WTC 7 was one several buildings that collapsed.

Pretty far away is a relative concept. Being situation few hundred meters away from two of the largest skyscrapers as they collapse does not really fit into my concept of pretty far away. Brooklyn is pretty far away from the WTC complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Even without the structural damage caused by the collapse of the twin towers, WTC 7 would have collapsed from fires alone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Maybe if all the "hijackers" we're dead would be a good start.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1559151.stm

Then a video of an actual plane hitting the pentagon would help, even 12 years later there's plenty of confiscated CCTV that would show an actual plane hitting the most heavily guarded building on the planet.

Also if some of the members of the 911 commission didn't call it a whitewash, would help.

If Silverstein didn't say they decided to pull it, WTC 7, God knows how they rigged it so fast.

If no squibs were visible on the collapsing towers, if firefighters and NYPD didn't hear and report explosions.

Just a couple of things.......

stuar wrote: »
    Maybe if all the "hijackers" we're dead would be a good start.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1559151.stm

A long debunked myth. A case of two men with same names.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2006/10/911_conspiracy_theory_1.html

In the decade since the attacks no one has managed to interview any of these "alive" hijackers.
    Then a video of an actual plane hitting the pentagon would help, even 12 years later there's plenty of confiscated CCTV that would show an actual plane hitting the most heavily guarded building on the planet.

Guarded. Not CCTV. The Pentagon has it's own police force, a more effective way of protecting a building than CCTV.
    Also if some of the members of the 911 commission didn't call it a whitewash, would help.

Which ones.
    If Silverstein didn't say they decided to pull it, WTC 7, God knows how they rigged it so fast.

One wonders what would possess Silverstein to confess to mass murder in a tv interview. Because that's all there is to this baseless claim.
    If no squibs were visible on the collapsing towers, if firefighters and NYPD didn't hear and report explosions.

Explosions don't mean explosives. Plenty of things could have exploded in the building during the fires. Power substations, fire extinguishers etc.....
    Just a couple of things.......

A couple of very tenuous things.

Interesting ads on this page...

I'm not sure I see it. Also whats your point, Atlantic Airlines Training are in on it, and launched a ad campaign to announce this fact?

That one was funny :D

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    Even without the structural damage caused by the collapse of the twin towers, WTC 7 would have collapsed from fires alone

Based on what? It's never happened in the History of steel frames skyscrapers and many have had blazing fires all throughout the building.

One of the basic design requirements would be to withstand fire.

Based on what? It's never happened in the History of steel frames skyscrapers and many have had blazing fires all throughout the building.

Based on the conclusions of the NIST report on WTC7.

Yes buildings are design to resist fire, but they are not perfect and on 9/11 some of these measures where not working. For instance the sprinkler system on lower floors was not working as they drew water from the city mains which were shut down in the area by the collapse of the towers. Another factor is that the fires were not fought by the fire department for a long time as they had more important things to deal with and when they did get around to tackling the fire, it was too late to do much good.

There have been many instances of steel framed structures failing due to fire alone. However even if there weren't this is not evidence that WTC7 could not have collapsed as it is a unique building under unique circumstances.

A stealth demolition of a skyscraper, or an explosive demolition of a skyscraper that was on fire, or an explosive demolition of a building that size have never happened before in the history of steel framed skyscrapers either, yet this does not exclude these as possibilities for you.

Several steel framed skyscrapers have collapsed. Take the Windsor building in Madrid. It suffered a partial collapse due to office fires. Which part of the building collapsed? The steel framed part.

Indeed which is why building designers are required to fireproof steel supports.

Think about it, if steel framed buildings were designed to be fire resistant why would it be necessary (and legally required) to fire proof steel.

As to the WTC collapse (and indeed the WTC 7) yes these buildings are designed to withstand fires. There are not, nor are the expected to be immune to fires.

I never said it was demolished. I'm just saying there is no way in hell it would collapse from fire alone. A sprinkler system is not there to prevent collapse. Fire does not take down steel framed buildings.

It's the basic physics of it. A steel framed skyscraper is a gigantic heatsink. Heat spreads from any source throughout the whole frame. The fires could never get hot enough to get them even close to collapse and unlike the main towers the building did not suffer significant damage to expose the protected steel frame to the fire. It would still have it's fire resistant coating.

If the Nist report claims fire could have taken the building down alone then I say the NIST report is a load of bollox.

There are multiple cases of similar sized buildings with far more severe longer burning fires and guess what? Not 1 of them collapsed.

Maybe you should think for yourself?

Several steel framed skyscrapers have collapsed. Take the Windsor building in Madrid. It suffered a partial collapse due to office fires. Which part of the building collapsed? The steel framed part.

Yes partial collapse while that building was fully engulfed in flames

yet building 7 only burning mainly on one side (fires on the north-side burned out by itself during the day)
    manages to fall almost in its own footprint in about 15 seconds with partial free fall speed

NIST explained it in a nice computer model but when asked to provide the data used so it could be verified or recreated they refused to give the data ( apparently peer reviewed doesn't matter to much in some circumstances)

Simple question.

But just to anwser the OP

Another building anywhere in the world collapsing almost in its own footprint in about 15 seconds with partial freefall speed due to fire... if that happens i will hold my hands up and wholeheartedly admit i was wrong regarding building 7 .... but so far it never happened and i think it will never happen ever

weisses wrote: »
    But just to anwser the OP

Another building anywhere in the world collapsing almost in its own footprint in about 15 seconds with partial freefall speed due to fire... if that happens i will hold my hands up and wholeheartedly admit i was wrong regarding building 7 .... but so far it never happened and i think it will never happen ever

Thats quite difficult. Few buildings have ever sustained the kind of damage that WTC 7. The fires in WTC 7 were not fought for over 6 hours. Few buildings are designed in the same way as WTC 7 was.

The issues about the WTC 7 collapse are

1) Find a steel frame building at least 40 stories high

2) Which takes up a whole city block

3) And is a "Tube in a tube" design

4) Which came off its core columns at the bottom floors (Earthquake, fire, whatever - WTC 7)

5) Which was struck by another building or airliner and had structural damage as a result.

6) And weakened by fire for over 6 hours

7) And had trusses that were bolted on with two 5/8" bolts.

Essentially you're demanding that a unique event be recreated. Thats quite difficult if not impossible.

I never said it was demolished. I'm just saying there is no way in hell it would collapse from fire alone.
    Then how do you suppose that it did collapse? Because if it's not a demolition, why would there be a cover up? Why would the NIST report get it wrong?
    A sprinkler system is not there to prevent collapse. Fire does not take down steel framed buildings.
    A sprinkler system slows down the spread of fire.
    It's the basic physics of it. A steel framed skyscraper is a gigantic heatsink. Heat spreads from any source throughout the whole frame. The fires could never get hot enough to get them even close to collapse and unlike the main towers the building did not suffer significant damage to expose the protected steel frame to the fire. It would still have it's fire resistant coating.

If the Nist report claims fire could have taken the building down alone then I say the NIST report is a load of bollox.
    According to the NIST report the failure of the building was because of one column giving out and spreading more load on other columns which were already weakened by the fire.
    Steel gets weaker the more it heats up. It doesn't have to melt for it to give out.

How hot were the fires in WTC7 and how do you know that they couldn't get hot enough?
    There are multiple cases of similar sized buildings with far more severe longer burning fires and guess what? Not 1 of them collapsed.

And again, not one of them shared the same blueprints as WTC7 or the same set of circumstances.

There are plenty of examples of steel framed structure that collapsed and failed due to fire, which show that they can be weakened by fire and for a column in a steel framed building to fail.

Thats quite difficult. Few buildings have ever sustained the kind of damage that WTC 7. The fires in WTC 7 were not fought for over 6 hours. Few buildings are designed in the same way as WTC 7 was.

The issues about the WTC 7 collapse are

1) Find a steel frame building at least 40 stories high

2) Which takes up a whole city block

3) And is a "Tube in a tube" design

4) Which came off its core columns at the bottom floors (Earthquake, fire, whatever - WTC 7)

5) Which was struck by another building or airliner and had structural damage as a result.

6) And weakened by fire for over 6 hours

7) And had trusses that were bolted on with two 5/8" bolts.

Essentially you're demanding that a unique event be recreated. Thats quite difficult if not impossible.

Damage from the outside had nothing to do with the collapse (according to the officials) so we have a building that collapsed as i described due to fire alone .... I would have totally accepted when wtc7 would had partially collapsed

• Advertisement

I never said it was demolished. I'm just saying there is no way in hell it would collapse from fire alone.

Those two statements are a oxymoron. You can't claim you don't believe it could collapse from fire alone. This must mean you believe that the fire had help. Correct?
    A sprinkler system is not there to prevent collapse. Fire does not take down steel framed buildings.

Now that simply isn't true
    The McCormick Center in Chicago and the Sight and Sound Theater in Pennsylvania are examples of steel structures collapsing. The theater was fire protected using drywall and spray on material. A high rise in Philly didn't collapse after a long fire but firefighters evacuated the building when a pancake structural collapse was considered likely. Other steel-framed buildings partially collapsed due fires one after only 20 minutes.

The steel framed McCormick Center was at the time the World's largest exhibition center. It like the WTC used long steel trusses to create a large open space without columns. Those trusses were unprotected but of course much of the WTC lost it's fire protection due to the impacts.

"As an example of the damaging effect of fire on steel, in 1967, the original heavy steel-constructed McCormick Place exhibition hall in Chicago collapsed only 30 minutes after the start of a small electrical fire."

Notice this part

http://www.wconline.com/CDA/Archive/
    24ae78779d768010VgnVCM100000f932a8c0____

[Note this article has several comments from engineers who back the
    WTC collapse theory.]

"The unprotected steel roof trusses failed early on in the fire"

http://www.chipublib.org/004chicago/disasters/mccormick_fire.html
    From the FEMA report of the theater fire, my comments in [ ]
    www.interfire.org/res_file/pdf/Tr-097.pdf

On the morning of January 28, 1997, in the Lancaster County, Pennsylvania township of Strasburg, a fire caused the collapse of the state-of-the-art, seven year old Sight and Sound Theater and resulted in structural damage to most of the connecting buildings.
    The theater was a total loss, valued at over $15 million.

pg 6/74

The theater was built of steel rigid frame construction to allow for the large open space of the auditorium, unobstructed by columns... The interior finish in the auditorium was drywall.

The stage storage area, prop assembly building, and prop maintenance building were protected with a sprayed-on fire resistant coating on all structural steel. The plans called for the coating to meet a two-hour fire resistance assembly rating. The sprayed-on coating, which was susceptible to damage from the movement of theater equipment, was protected by attaching plywood coverings on the columns to a height of eight feet.

The walls of the storage area beneath the stage were layered drywall to provide a two-hour fire protection rating for the mezzanine offices [the WTC used drywall as fire protection in the central core] , and sprayed-on fire-resistant coatings on the structural
    steel columns and ceiling bar joists supporting the stage floor.
    pg 15/74

Continuing
    Other Fires

In February 1991, a fire broke out in One Meridian Plaza - a 38 story office building in Philadelphia. The building was built during the same period as the WTC and had spray-on fire protection on its steel frame. Despite not suffering impact damage, authorities were worried it might collapse.

"All interior firefighting efforts were halted after almost 11 hours of uninterrupted fire in the building. Consultation with a structural engineer and structural damage observed by units operating in the building led to the belief that there was a
    possibility of a pancake structural collapse of the fire damaged
    floors."

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/txt/publications/tr-049.txt

About 2 years later, the NYFD was concerned that a steel framed building that partially collapsed during after a gas explosion might collapse entirely due to the resulting fire.

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/TR-068.pdf

Part of a floor of an unprotected steel frame building collapsed in Brackenridge, Pennsylvania on, December 20, 1991, Killing 4 volunteer firemen
    http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/TR-061.pdf

Part of the roof of a steel framed school in Virginia collapsed about 20 minutes after fire broke out

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/publications/tr-135.pdf

All taken from

http://www.debunking911.com/firsttime.htm

So there you have it bloodbath a list of steel framed buildings that have collapsed due to fire.

Except it was struck by large chunks of the towers of WTC 1&2 during the collapse.

In addition the term is "fire resistant" coating. Not fire immune. The fires in WTC 7 burned unfought for over 6 hours long enough to damage the coating.

Which is your right. However engineers and architects the world over have taken the NIST report and used it the redesign and change the design of buildings built after it was released.

So they are swallowing the bollocks apparently.

I think I've disproven the statement above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement