Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Warranty Question

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I purchased a repair for a console online and was told there was a year warranty with the repair. The console was returned working but the problem happened again within six months and the console needs repair again. I contacted the company and was told they no longer have the equipment to repair the console and referred me to another company. I have contacted the NCA but have gotten no response and was just wondering if people had any opinion on whether i should receive a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Upjohns wrote: »
    Hi, I purchased a repair for a console online and was told there was a year warranty with the repair. The console was returned working but the problem happened again within six months and the console needs repair again. I contacted the company and was told they no longer have the equipment to repair the console and referred me to another company. I have contacted the NCA but have gotten no response and was just wondering if people had any opinion on whether i should receive a refund?

Very important, where is the first company based, EU or outside EU? That greatly affects your consumer rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Upjohns

The company is based in Dublin, i found it through Facebook. Sorry if it's confusing. I'm asking if people think i am entitled to a refund from the company that repaired the console. The second company has nothing to do with this, just mentioning that the first company referred me to them as a remedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A repair warranty doesn't necessarily cover you for any defect in the period i.e. if the fault was with the power unit in a TV and they gave you a warranty, it (the warranty) would only apply to the part replaced as part of the repair so in that case, if the screen blew, it would not be covered by the repair warranty.

In any case, the people who gave you a warranty are fobbing you off, they cannot offload their responsibility (if it exists in your case) to a third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Upjohns

The console i had repaired was a Playstation 3 that stopped working due to a red light flashing on the front due to overheating. This was repaired then the same fault happened again. I think the company was trying to suggest an alternative rather than fob me off but i feel like they should at least refund what i paid. On a side note i also sent my Xbox 360 and looking over messages i've received they broke a chip in that while trying to repair it and charged me to repair that. I didn't mind as it had been so long since i'd played either that i just wanted them back.

Advertisement