Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads on touch site

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hey I posted this in feedback but was told to come here. The ads at the bottom of the page are blocking the page options meaning I can't select any pages at all, as shown in the screencap. Any ideas for stopping it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

benjamin d wrote: »
    Hey I posted this in feedback but was told to come here. The ads at the bottom of the page are blocking the page options meaning I can't select any pages at all, as shown in the screencap. Any ideas for stopping it?

There's some sort of odd positioning rules coming through on what looks like the campaign itself.

I wont be able to take a look into it from here unfortunately, we'll try get it sorted first thing tomorrow morning.

Apologies and thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

This is happening for me on almost every thread ... I'm using Dolphin browser on Samsung Galaxy S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Same on Sony Xperia u.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Same on default/Wildfire S.
    (Have noticed that's its fine if I hold the button rather than tap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Is it on every ad that the problem appears or just the specific one listed in the picture?

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Is it on every ad that the problem appears or just the specific one listed in the picture?

Danny

Yes it's on every ad. I noticed it started happening several months ago but refreshing the page or turning to landscape mode sorted the problem, but now those options don't work at all. It happens whether I'm logged in or not as well.
    I don't know if this is related but sometimes in landscape mode the text that is on the right side of the screen seems to drift off out to the right as the page is loading causing the page to become very elongated outside the screen, if that makes sense?:confused: That's pretty rare though.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Danny, it's happening me as well on most ads (not just the one in the OP's pic) on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, stock browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Cheers folks, we've got some people working on this now and should have a resolution for you guys soon.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Now some of the images that are posted on YLYL are moving around and not staying in place.
    (Galxy SII)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I have this as well its as if the page is wider (like landscape) and the adds at the bottom cover the numbers, also the button at the bottom of the screen for returning to the top of the page is not available any more.
    Having to scroll back up to the top of the page without it is a pain.

• Advertisement

Should hopefully be resolved now, any further issues please do let us know, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Seems to be working fine now, thanks for the quick fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 vue02

I still see the ad at the top left covering all the site features, right above Home, Sys, Site Development

vue02 wrote: »
    I still see the ad at the top left covering all the site features, right above Home, Sys, Site Development

Not sure where you're talking about, could you post a screenshot if possible please ?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement