Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Usage account

Options
  • 28-05-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am an Electric Ireland customer for a dwelling that is unlived in. I pay approx 60 euro / two months, nearly all Standing charge  / Low Usage Levy and VAT.

Any way to reduce this?

Thanks

Con

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Cornelius12345,
    I am an Electric Ireland customer for a dwelling that is unlived in. I pay approx 60 euro / two months, nearly all Standing charge  / Low Usage Levy and VAT.

Any way to reduce this?

If you expect your premises to be vacant for a long period of time, you might consider having the electricity supply disconnected. This is the only way to eliminate these standard charges.

Disconnecting (and reconnecting) a property costs €79.45 incl. VAT - see here. You would also need to consider that ESB Networks treat any premise disconnected for > 2 years as a new connection.

The low user standing charge applies where a customer uses an average of two units or less per day in any billing period (typically 61 days). This would add €9.45 to your bill (15.5c per day incl. VAT). This increased charge should only affect a minority of customers and does not apply to the following customer categories:
    • Those in receipt of a Free Electricity Allowance
    • Those on Household Budget Plans or those with Pay As You Go meters

You can find further information on the low user standing charge here. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement