Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know where one could obtain the following culinary delights

Options
  • 28-05-2013 11:11pm
    Site Banned Posts: 4

Does anyone know where one could obtain the following culinary delights When I was playing a word game, I came across fruits called the Ugli Fruit and the Star Fruit. Are they real? Do they exist? Have you ever seen or heard of them? If so, where can one obtain such things? Where can one obtain obscure meat? I would like to introduce my palate to crocodile meat, alligator meat, shark meat, venison and snake meat. Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where such gastronomic goods can be purchased. Best Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

I've seen star fruit and venison in Fallon and Byrne...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Does anyone know where one could obtain the following culinary delights When I was playing a word game, I came across fruits called the Ugli Fruit and the Star Fruit. Are they real? Do they exist? Have you ever seen or heard of them? If so, where can one obtain such things? Where can one obtain obscure meat? I would like to introduce my palate to crocodile meat, alligator meat, shark meat, venison and snake meat. Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin where such gastronomic goods can be purchased. Best Regards.
    There's a butcher in Terenure that does the exotic meats. Czn't think of the name...

Star fruit. I had this in Sydney. Available in Coles of Randwick. Not sure about Dublin.

Ugli Fruit. Never heard of this. Do you mean...

2106301852_7d5e1707c6_z-390x285.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've seen star fruit in Dunnes and Tesco in the past year, it's pretty bland to be honest but slices of it look very attractive as a garnish.
    Ugli fruit is out of season now but is pretty tasty, never had it in Ireland though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

There is an organic meat store in Terenure with all sorts of exotic meat... Kangeroo, Ostrich, Crocodile, etc.

http://goo.gl/maps/B9NvF

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I had ugli fruit as a child. It's like a cross between an orange and a grapefruit. Haven't seen them in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement