Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Stop opposite Corduff

Options
  • 29-05-2013 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Bringing this from twitter to here. Have used the bus more frequently in the last few weeks and am not happy that the transparent panels in the bus stop have been replaced by solid grey panels that you can't see through.

Cllr. McGuinness contacted Dublin bus who explained at length that the company responsible for the bus stops (not DB themselves) made the decision due to repeated vandalism and smashing of the perspex previously there. There were no transparent options according to them.

I've only used the bus stop at fairly busy times but each time it's struck me that not being able to see behind the shelter makes people using it a sitting duck for mugging/assault at quieter times. Even with others around I have felt quite vulnerable. On top of that it looks awful and akin to something out of the ghetto. Plus there's no timetable info which is pretty important when the service is as erratic as the 38 route.

Vandalism drives me crazy anyway because everyone else pays to clean/repair it but at the same time, I think safety is important and I can't understand the logic of knowingly creating a target for the sake of penny pinching.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

This the one opposite Corduff shops? There is a real time screen at that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Rochey18 wrote: »
    This the one opposite Corduff shops? There is a real time screen at that one.

No, I live in Waterville so if I get the bus I go across the snugborough road, and take the path to the bus stop opposite the entrance to Corduff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It's hardly "penny pinching" when they're having to replace the panels every turn around. I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner, or taken away the shelter completely and just left a pole there.

Advertisement