Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for ideas....3 weeks off!

• 29-05-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, Hoping someone can throw a few ideas my way!

I've 3 weeks holidays at the end of June/ start of July and I'd like to get away somewhere!
    It'll just be myself (22 y/o male) which I'm more than happy with as I always wanted to do a bit of solo travelling!

I'm very open to ideas where to go, I work for Lufthansa so I can get flights for pretty much nothing anywhere in the world! :D

I was thinking South America or Asia....Anyone done these places solo, what would be a good itinerary for the time I have?

Budget would be mayb 600-800....Im not to pushed about going for the full 3 weeks, I'd happily go for two weeks and enjoy it more rather then going for 3 but having no money to enjoy the last week!!

Any ideas would be great!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Thailand is amazing. Cheap accommodation, lots to do. Massively varied country from the forests and mountains in the north to beaches and islands in the south. Bangkok is brilliant too. Could easily spend a week there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Jealous! You don't have to go far (although you might as well) - closer to home I'd say Ukraine would be nice at this time of year, it's cheap and there's enough to keep you occupied for 3 weeks easily (although if you could get the visa, I'd say Belarus could be great too!)

Just check out wherever you want to go that it's not going to be rainy season, that could really put a damper on things!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vivien

Middle America - Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica - All very cheap, you will have enough money :-)

I've been to Belize and Guatemala out of that list and both were amazing, also was there in June, weather was lovely! Hot and dry most days except further down Guatemala! Met other travelers while there that said the rest of that list above were even cheaper again so happy days! You can do so much on very little money and your not even scrimping!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vivien

Any good ideas on 3 weeks in either October or November.....just contemplating a holiday that time of year myself and don't know where to go!

Advertisement