Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can third parties access your bank statements?

Options
  • 29-05-2013 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

For example if I applied for a student grant or something like that, would the organisation that issues it be allowed to check how much money has gone in and out of my account over the years as part of their background check (to determine if I'm eligible for the grant), or would they have to use other means of determining my income (i.e. by checking tax records etc.)?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I doubt it.

p.s. Assuming you are telling the truth what's the issue?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

They can't just look at them on their computers or whatever, they wouldn't have access, and the bank won't supply your statements to a third party. It's most likely that the organisation in question will ask you to provide bank statements going back a certain length of time, and/or p60s etc to prove your income.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FishFacePhil

Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks.

Advertisement