Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it legal to bring back prescription only meds from another EU country?

• 29-05-2013 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

For example in the UK certain things like St Johns Wort and Gingko Biloba are sold over the counter (no prescription needed) in pharmacies, but in Ireland you need a prescription for them. If I was to stock up on these products in the UK, could I legally bring them back with me on the plane to Ireland, or would they be confiscated?

And what about non prescription medications. I use aspirin daily for its anticoagulent and antioxidant properties, but its much cheaper in other countries like UK or France, so if I were to buy say 50 packets of it over there and bring it back on the plane with me, is that legal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Can't give legal advice, however, I always bring back a few packets of Nytol and no one has ever said anything. 50 packets of something might set off alarm bells.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

There is no legal advice allowed in this forum. Please read the forum charter before posting here again.

Should you require legal advice, please contact a legal professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement